Chapter Ten

"So I overheard the conversation you guys had with Lauren last Friday." Camila said as her and Dinah slipped into their respective booths at the restaurant. It had been over a week since Camila had heard everything and it had also been over a week that Lauren's words were in he back of her mind. "You know, the one where Lauren said she hasn't thought of our life together"

"Oh Mila" Dinah frowned. "That's not what she meant"

"Thank you for what you said though."

"I was so mad in the moment but all of this is hard for Lauren, she has a hard head. I think she sees you in her future, she just hasn't really thought about it yet. Is it weird with you guys?"

"No, it's really good but I keep thinking about it with her and it makes me awkward." Camila huffed. "I trust her, I know she has our, no, my best interests at heart but you were there last week and you were there when she said there's no happy ever after. What if she can't fall in love with me?"

"I think she can, I think she is she just doesn't want a messy break up and she's having trouble realizing that maybe you guys don't need to break up, you know?"

"I guess"

"Do you plan on being with her long term?" Camila nodded her head. "Then it'll happen. Lauren just said she wants to play it by ear but that doesn't mean you can't plan ahead, right? What if playing it by ear leads to happy ever after?"

"Dinah, I just don't want to have to be working to make her believe in love and all that, you know?"

"Then don't. She can't stop herself from falling in love, I don't think that's possible, so when it happens it'll happen." Dinah placed her hand over Camila's. "I know why you're shaken up about the conversation, and I was too, but you guys are doing so well. Don't let this get in the way. "

"Thank you," Camila gave her a grateful smile.

~~~~~

Days later, Camila walked into the kitchen rubbing her eyes, still trying to wake up. Lauren, Dinah, Ally, and Normani had already left for their respective classes, but Lauren should be back soon. Camila grabbed a bagel before standing at their island with the newspaper in hand. The door was burst open and Lauren threw her bag on the floor before running up to Camila, who had turned around from the noise.

"HAPPY ONE MONTH, BABY" Lauren yelled then picked Camila up in her arms. Camila's legs wrapped around Lauren's waist out of habit and her arms grabbed onto the collar of her shirt.

"You're too much" Camila laughed, leaning in for a kiss. With both girls smiling too big to properly kiss, they parted and Camila's arms found their way around Lauren's neck. "Happy one month, baby" Camila repeated.

Lauren sat Camila down on the counter, standing in between her legs.

"So how do you wanna celebrate?" Lauren asked, her hands subconsciously finding their way to Camila's sides.

"Aren't we going to dinner?" Camila asked, pulling Lauren in for a quick kiss.

"Yeah, tomorrow night, but is there anything else you wanna do? I feel bad, we're both so busy with exams next week we didn't really think of anything" Lauren frowned.

"Hm I might have an idea" Camila said, slowly sliding a sole finger from Lauren's collar down to her jeans where she pulled at the waist a little.

"And what's that idea?" Lauren leaned in and started sucking on Camila's pulse point.

"That we play Too Hot"

"And what's that?" Lauren said, content with the mark she had left and trailed little kisses up to Camila's mouth where she left a peck.