Chapter Nineteen

As promised, Lauren woke up a couple mornings later with the intention of speaking with Camila. However, she couldn't bring herself to face those memorizing, warm, brown eyes and not pull Camila in for a hug. It was now past ten in the morning and she needed to do something before Camila would leave for the day.

Lauren wiped her sweaty palms on her pants before making her way to the living room where she assumed Camila was. When she entered the room, Camila was at the door putting on shoes.

"Camila," Lauren called out. Camila almost didn't turn her head, she didn't believe Lauren was calling her; especially after the other day. "Do you have a second?"

"I was about to head out," Camila awkwardly pointed her thumb behind her to the door.

"Please?" Lauren pleaded.

"Yeah, okay." Camila nodded, slipping off her jacket. Her gaze stayed on the ground but she still felt Lauren's piercing eyes on her. Without saying anything, Camila made her way to the couch, only lifting her head once she was sure Lauren was walking to her. Camila was surprised when Lauren took the seat next to her.

"I'm so sorry for how I acted yesterday. It wasn't fair to you. I'm ready to tell you everything but that doesn't mean we can go back to being us again. Not right now. I'm not saying to take a break or break up," Camila let out a breath of relief. "But I'm saying not to jump each other right away." Lauren cringed at her choice of words.

"I'm all ears." Camila encouraged her to begin. Lauren looked down at her lap, as if she was planning or what she was going to say. Camila took this time to examine Lauren's tired appearance. Her eyes were dark, more grey than green and instead of Lauren's trademark black eyeliner, she sported dark bags just above her cheek bones, bringing attention to her eyes for different reasons. Camila noticed the natural rouge in Lauren's cheeks and was incredibly tempted to reach over and run the pad of her thumb along Lauren's incredibly soft skin.

"You were really drunk a few nights ago," Lauren swallowed. "And when you came home you were adamant about having sex there and then. You mentioned Selena saying how I have a short leash on you and that you're not your own person in the relationship. I thought you were just repeating what Selena said but then,"

"Laur-" Camila's brows furrowed.

"Let me finish. You got on top of me and tried to take off my clothes and it was like I couldn't stop you. It wasn't until Dinah came and took you to bed that you kinda gave up." Lauren looked down.

"Oh my god, Lauren I-I'm speechless." Camila stuttered out in awe.

"It's not even that, when I tried saying no you said 'Let me make my own decisions'. Camila, I'm not mad at you, I'm stunned at the situation. I didn't recognize you at all. That wasn't the girl I fell in love with. " Camila held back a shaky cry by biting down on her lip, hard.

"Lauren, that's not me, you know that's not me. Fuck. I'm so sorry, you need to believe me, Lo" Camila reached out to place a hand on Lauren's knee. She noticed Lauren flinch and there was no holding back her tears now. "It's not an excuse, but I was so drunk. I'm not that girl, you know me. You love me." Camila said hopefully.

"I'm not breaking up with you but we need to talk about this." Lauren reassured her and Camila nodded, acknowledging how emotional she just became and how Lauren was still cold as ice. "What do you remember?"

"Um, I remember leaving the apartment and you were talking to Selena then you gave me quite the kiss goodbye." Camila chuckled nervously, running a hand through her long brown locks when she realized Lauren wouldn't be laughing with her. "Did she say anything to you?"