Chapter 8: The Party

Another week has passed since Henry and I became, I guess, good friends and it was going pretty well.

Even though I've gotten used to most of the camp by now I still was not used to the actual acting part of it yet. But other than that everything was going pretty good except for some actual drama queens who think they are just better than everyone at everything but I handled it. Lets just say a few spiders paid them a visit in their beds one night. What can I say I'm a sucker for vengeance though I wasn't always that way.

I got used to getting up in the morning a little better but one day I didn't 'wake up' Natalie and she threw a fit! I don't understand that girl she yells at me if I wake her and yells at me if I don't!

I had just gotten out of the shower, dried my hair with a towel and slipped on a white and yellow sundress that went just barely to my knees. Outside I saw Henry smiling as he was waiting for me outside my cabin.

"Hey, enjoy your shower." Henry said teasingly.

"Yes I did thanks for asking." I joked back.

I was about to say something else when Natalie comes running up to us like a crazy person(which I thought she was at times though not literally).

She stopped in front of us out of breath with her hands on her knees.

"Um what's wrong Natalie?" I asked confused.

"I...came to tell you...that the camp across from ours...is throwing a party!" She said excited and out of breath.

I thought back to the first day arriving here and looking across to the beautiful resort/ athletic camp and how I wanted so badly to go there.

"They said that everyone and anyone is invited! This is so exciting! This has never happened to our camp before an invitation for everyone! I need to find out what to wear!"declared Natalie.

And with that she speed off once again to prepare for this party.

"Wow she seems overly excited don't you think?" I asked Henry.

Instead he sort of stared blankly and didn't answer.

"Hello? Earth to Henry? Why don't you answer?"

He snapped out of it as he answered, "oh sorry I just don't think it's that big of a deal, all the kids that go there are brats anyway." He shrugged.

I looked at him confused.

"Well brats or not that party sounds like fun and I think we should go."I suggested.

"I don't know." Henry said dubiously.

The one time I suggest we do something of course he doesn't want to go! Honestly, I never really like to go to parties either but maybe if I can go to this one I can get an idea of what I'm missing out on if I were able to go there in the first place and possibly still switch to that camp, I was still debating that though.

"Oh come on its just one party and its free we can do whatever and it won't cost anything!" I said as I tried to convince my friend.

"Oh I guess it wouldn't hurt right?" He replied unsure.

"Of course it won't! This is gonna be great you just wait and see!" I pronounced.

"I will meet you at your cabin latter and we can go over there together." He added.

With that we both left to get ready for the party tonight.

I was going to wear a dark purple dress that came to me mid thigh with slim shoulder straps. Along with it I wore a pair of simple blue flats.