Chapter 1

""The happenings in our lives are resultant of the choices we make" - Anonymous"

"Dave go do your homework" Shouted Linda Corbs

Silence followed

"Dave! I said go do your homework" she screamed

"Yeah whatever Mom"

Dave hesitated, wondering whether just to remain sitting and eventually make his mom cry or to just go to his room. After some deliberation, he choose the later and went to his room. Why did mom have to pester him so much? He had told her directly and indirectly many times in actions and in words that he didn't want to go school or church but she never seemed to get it. He was 17, old enough to be on his own and he had chosen his lifestyle and insisted it be partying and living young, wild and free. He didn't care anymore what she thought. He had a Trey Songz voice and had auditions for a record deal in 5 months. His mom of course didn't know that, in fact she had registered him for 5 different choir and gospel music groups including the ever famous 1 Jah movement but he refused all. He already had demos which could make a Billboard 100 if Brooklyn had one, had 3 girlfriends with all the other girls crazy about him, was a thug and terror even to principal Millers, in short he was living the life with no worries. His greatest hero was his dad. His dad, Rick Corbs was an ultimate thug. He was tattooed, braided his hair in dreadlocks, had nose rings, had been in jail 5 times, was a gambling lord and owned a casino in Vegas. He was rich and sent Dave 'his son' $5000 every month along with cigarettes and bottles of all forms of alcohol. Left to Dave, his dad was his hero.

His mind shifted and returned to the situation on ground. He had Math and History to do but he cared less about school and one of his followers Tim, did assignments for him in exchange for $1000 a semester. He would have organized something for his night, if he knew Charlotte was going to mess up. Now he was bored and wasn't sleepy. He pulled out his cell phone from his pocket and typed in the pin. He was scrolling aimlessly when he received a tweet.

Hey, party at my house @Davecorbs from @Brucesmith, Yes at last something to do. He got up, changed into a T-shirt, some shorts and a cap and got his car keys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And the winner of the drinking competition is Dave with 15 shots of scotch at a go".

A cheer followed with about 20 girls on Dave hailing and singing praise.

Yeah, this was all he loved, the fame, the booze, the girls, living life to the fullest. "Sing, sing, sing, sing" everyone around him started chanting.

Like someone used to this, Dave walked to the DJ and inserted his flash.

"Okay lets go, I'm here in the club not here to rob

I'm here to dance and push the girls to a trance

I'm damn so high I can't even lie..."

Cheers followed as soon as he was done with his number. Amidst shouts and applications for phone numbers, Dave finally made it out of the crowd.

"Hey Bae" a voice startled him

He turned around and sighted Samantha Jones the most serious of his 3 girlfriends.

"How are you" she asked flashing him a flirty smile"

"Okay now that I see you" he replied

On and on they talked. Finally it was 11 pm and the party ended. They left Bruce's house and stepped outside. Dave offered to drive Samantha home; she hadn't come with a car. They had just seated in Dave's Ford Mustang GT when a Porsche 911 belonging to Tyler Jonas revved beside him. He revved back and then both cars revved together. In the world of NY Street racing, when a car revved beside another it meant, "Dude are you faster than me". A replying rev meant, "Sure dude wanna test" and when both cars revved together it meant race time. Bath Lincoln stepped into the gap between both cars