Chapter 9

'Don't let your struggle become your identity' - Toby Mac

Andrea Phillips waited as her Dad and Dr. Reyes went out to talk in hushed tones. She had been in the hospital for at least 3 weeks that she knew of and it honestly wasn't easy. It had been boring very boring just seeing her mom, nurse, Dad and Doctor every day. Or reasons best known to themselves, her parents had kept her in solitary confinement. It shocked her how sad here parents were. They were technically depressed especially her mom. She kept having conflicting emotions. At times, she felt she had punished them enough; it was time to shed tears and tell them they were forgiven but other times she felt the anger and pain. She felt they hadn't suffered enough. She kept getting angry when she imagined they kept a secret so vital from her. I pained her soul. Till now, when she saw her mom, she couldn't imagine that she had been intimate with anyone but her dad, it was simply not feasible. But she was thankful her mom didn't move in with the other guy, at least her dignity was still somewhat intact.

The other reality that hunted Andrea was how fake her friends were. Not one of them had even cared to look for her forget her parents protection. Even Lucas the shameless boy who told her he loved her and one day said he was tired of doing it with protection and told her not to worry hadn't tried. The day he got a rumor she was pregnant, he had sent her a 'get rid of it' message and blocked her on every possible social media handle. Why was life this unfair? A year and a half ago, she had been the heartbeat of her parents life, loved and cherished at home. Now she was a social renegade both to her parents and her peers.

Tired of watching her dad and doctor converse back and forth, Andrea pulled up and grabbed her cell phone. She checked twitter...nothing new...just the usual banter of her school mates. She was about to switch media handles when her Dad came back I with petite pretty Dr. Reyes

"Andrea, Dr. Reyes has some news"

"Well, Dre, you can go home but on one condition, you have to promise to stay with your parents for 3 months!"

3 months!!!...with her parents or rather split between her parents...Andrea wasn't exactly excited but she wanted out this hospital badly

"Okay Doc, I'll stay"

With that Dr. Reyes walked out and as if planned Andreas mom walked in immediately

"Dre" her mom said "Drea, I and your dad have been talking and thinking a lot and we've noticed a lot. First we're sorry, truly sorry we kept that secret from you" her mom broke into tears "but don't you get it Drea, I couldn't stand you looking at me like a slut after I made you wear a purity ring to school every day. I didn't want to see your reaction"

"I also didn't tell you Drea" Her dad started "Because to me I had lost your mom, and I couldn't stand the thought of losing you too"

"Andrea, what we are saying is we're sorry" Pauline her mom said "and we wish you could go out of that reckless life"

"So I and your mom have talked things through and we're moving in back together. We've started counselling and we see we still love each other" her dad said

He gave her some seconds to sink it in

"In addition, we sold your house and car and bought you a present. You'll see it when we get home"

Wow. First her parents were back together. Then they had sold her house. Then now a present wow. Whatever transformation she didn't understand. But moving in with them oh no! She wasn't ready for that. And they had sold her house without her consent who did they think they were!