Chapter 13

"His mercy is bigger than any of your mistakes" - Toby Mac 'Speak Life'

Andrea Phillips drove the small convertible her Dad had bought her as a 'welcome home gift' into the parking lot of St. Pete's Hospital. She checked her phone again to make sure she was at the right hospital. Yes she was here...now it was a battle of mind of whether she should go in or return home.

Since Sunday, the battle of mind that started after her mothers conversation had continued and tormented her through the week. She was really tired of the battle. Yesterday, she had spent about 10 minutes screaming to no one..."Leave me alone!" "I don't care!" "What should I do!" "What do you want with me!" She had shouted all this out to the wind...luckily and unluckily her parents weren't around to see her state. It was in the wake of that moment that she had stumbled upon an invite on twitter for 'anyone feeling lost' at St. Pete's hospital in the room of Dave Corbs. Dave Corbs the name had rang a bell. Yes she knew who Dave was...he was the throb of New York City teenage night life. Why was Dave sounding Christian!! Shocked, she had sent him a DM (Direct message) and his reply had shocked her..."I was tired of running from the truth so I went back". So God could save someone like Dave Corbs she had been immediately mesmerized. If someone like Dave had considered it worth while to sacrifice his reputation as a boss and everything for Christ...then there was something on the other side surely there was. What did she have to lose anyways if she just attended the session at the hospital. She was obviously lost and every suggested road would be welcome for consideration at this moment. So, she had made up her mind but as the hours neared and neared she had started having doubts. Maybe she was on her way to initiation into this Christian cult. She sometimes thought of Christianity as a cult because of the list of do's and do nots with a penalty of a burning lake of fire at the end for disobedience as opposed to the freedom they so boasted in Christ. She a times wondered, What savoiur will love her and still let her burn for a single lie and lastly she wondered what kind of person would forgive people like her and Dave Corbs....in as much as she wondered, her desire to meet this person tripled and she wanted to know him the more.

This morning she had woken up and told herself whatever the mind battle, she had to go to that hospital room. Now sitting in the parking lot, she could only will herself to do one thing. Get up and go in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linda Corbs sat in the courtroom right behind a handcuffed Bill and his lawyer Tom Thomas. The hearing was slated to start..she checked her watch...just about now. The journey till today had been quiet because Tom didn't really know the charges he was facing. This morning she had been in the hospital with Dave, Samantha and Lauren. It had been a very emotional morning as Samantha had become a Christian Dave's working. Lauren had wept endless tears of Joy before they both had to leave and come down here to the courthouse. Linda had been extremely happy with Dave's conviction and now proud with his boldness. He had saved heaven one soul. Before she left, he had also told her of his plans to have a small group meeting there in his hospital room. He had assured her he had already passed it by the nurses and Doctor. She had left only with the hope that this new flame didn't grow dim. Since his encounter, Dave had been seriously reading the bible again and with the help of Caroline and Gerald he was making it. Definitely he hadn't seen alcohol or drugs since he was in the hospital so she still had doubts about him withstanding their temptation in the outer world but this morning she felt suddenly confident he would make it and even be a light. His vitals were all good meaning a discharge probably in 2 weeks time. 2 weeks...Exactly the time before Bills final judgement...which brought her back to the present.

"Court" a clerk said as a man in his mid 50's the judge walked in and sat

Every one sat again and silence ensued.