Chapter 5

"We never really know our real friends till the stormy day" - Desh

3 months later

Samantha Jones stepped into St Pete's hospital and headed straight for Dave's room. Over the past 3 months, Dave's room had been a sort of second house for her. Every day she went to school with half her composure, rushed through school and then rushed to the hospital where she'd stay till about 7 every day. School had been quite hard without Dave. Dave was an exceptionally smart boy very excellent. Before the accident, she never had an academic problem, all she needed was to call Dave and Dave would come to the rescue. Since the accident, she had been having a hard time keeping up but somehow she still made it. Somehow while by Dave's bed things came to make sense. She had been thinking a lot of late about faith. At first when Dave didn't die the first Night she had been convinced there was a 'God'. She almost made the giant leap but then the past 3 months had confused her further. Right now she believed Dave's surviving that night was simply luck, she didn't believe the 'God' would actually let someone sleep for 3 months but atimes again she believed there was a 'God'. She was so confused and it was weighing own on her.

Samantha stepped into the hospital room and met a number of teens she didn't know. They were all standing around Dave half-teared and looking sad

"Hi" She said

"Hi", the boy in front said, "I'm Gerald Thomas Dave's former best-friend, with me are Caroline Don former girlfriend and Paul and Luke Lewis Band Members"

"Dave had friends and a Band??" Samantha asked dazed

"Yes, we used to be the J-Rock gospel band, 5 of us" Luke said

"Wow, well I'm Samantha Jones, Dave's girlfriend, we were together when he was shot"

"Oh my God, how's that on you" Caroline said moving closer to Samantha

"I'm surviving quite well. It was hard at first but we okay now"

"Well, I hope we can all be friends" Gerald said

"Why did it take you so long to come here?"

"Well, when Dave left us, he left us all roughly. He beat me up, told Samantha off wickedly, and came over to our youth group with Drugs, so we were all angry" Gerald said

"But we remembered that Jesus speaks forgiveness. That we're all sinners forgiven and so we should forgive others" Caroline said

"And we hope God will use this story to aright Dave" Paul said talking for the first time

"Wow, you have a lot of nerve believing in God" Samantha Said

"Well, it's something you learn we hope you learn"

"Well, guys let's get going if were gonna make it home on time. We'll be coming Samantha"

"Thanks guys"

"Let's pray" Gerald Said

And he led them in prayer then they left. Wow! What friends! Even after so much pain Dave caused them, they still came over to see that he was doing well. Even Dave's most trusted gang members and 'friends' hadn't been to the hospital past the second day nor had they even asked her how he was doing. This only worsened the battle in her mind. Christians, people who never gave up on you. For the past 3 months, she had joined a prayer session over Dave on this bed at least once a day. Whenever they prayed, she felt a small tinge she couldn't explain it was unexplainable. Samantha set to her work and at 7 while she packed up her things, Bill Corbs walked him. She had seen him every evening but he was scary very scary. She hurried out as he walked in.