Chapter 14

"Life is a teacher. The more you live, the more you learn" - Wale Adenuga

Bill Corbs stared out his cell. In 2 days, his case would be completed. In 2 days, he would know whether he would stay home and see Dave graduate and go to college and get married or he would rot and definitely die.

The past 1 week had been a blur, in and out of meeting with Tom and Linda. Tom was working really hard to wage a case. Of course, there was no way Bill could go totally free...not humanly anyway but Tom was hoping they could hold get community service and if possible brief Jail time. Bill was happy he hadn't been arrested in 4 years. That would have made this case much harder on Tom.

Tom was a good guy. A very faithful and loyal lawyer. But more striking about Tom was his faith. Tom was the kind of #TeamJesus guy. He was always encouraging and prayed after every meeting they had. Bill wasn't sure why Tom had even agreed to represent a guy like him. Guys like Tom with their reputation didn't usually practice criminal law. In all his brainstorming, Bill could come to only one conclusion...Law was his mission field. The more time Bill had spent in Jail, the more time he had spent with his bible. He was really getting attached to the bible again. The book made so much sense. He had technically read cover to cover and was still reading but he wasn't sure he believed what he saw. He still pondered how an Invincible all wonderful being who knows all made the world then made man and woman. He knew all so he must have known that Man was going to sin but he still let it happen. Then the same God watched over all of us and let us sin and go back to him. It didn't make sense to Bill. God was like a game maker. He just made the world as a game or source of entertainment. Reading through the old Testament, Bill had read of how God struck someone dead for touching his ark and yet here he was alive after robbing churches and burning bibles it wasn't logical. Sure Jesus existed, but he didn't grasp how Jesus' death and resurrection dealt with Gods rage.

Bored again, Bill picked up his bible and landed on Hosea chapter 1. In his conversation with Tom, Tom had advised him to read the book of Hosea. Now with nothing better to do, Bill just read the book

2 hours later Bill was mesmerized. This innocent man had been in his house when God told him to go sell his possessions and buy over a prostitute from a brothel then God made him marry her. That was epic. Then she had run away and God had made Hosea marry her again...then it had happened a third time that was something else. How Hosea kept going back.

All of a sudden his mind battle from 2 hours ago came back...it was Gods love. God simply wanted to demonstrate how much he loved humanity through Hosea's eyes that must be it. God loved the world too much to condemn it. But he still needed more reading. He was about to read more when the prison warden came announcing Toms arrival. Yes...he would talk to Tom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Corbs was excited. God had indeed blessed his ministry. Looking around his hospital room, he met 25 faces apart from the initial 4. There was plenty people around him a whole new crew. He recognized some of the guys...some former gang members had joined in...his 2 henchmen were here it was really exciting. Some of Samantha and Derek's friends had also come it was a full house of lost souls. To make it possible, they had shared the new 25 amongst the 4 of them and Caroline...making it 5 people to 1 group. His group was in his room, Samantha's and Derek's in the waiting room, Andreas in the lobby and Caroline's in the parking lot. They planned to reconvene at his room.

This was God at work. 6 months ago..actually 3 weeks since he'd been in a comma, he was very opposite to today. That night, he had been very high and intoxicated. Today here he was intoxicated with the holy spirit. Doing Gods work. Dave was happy. He knew inside him that even after being discharged, this was going to be his life ministry. This was going to be his legacy.

His parents...Dave was happy. In the 3 weeks since he was concious, he had seen true love. First, the first news that met him was his mum being kidnapped by Santiago then he had heard of how Bill put his life on the line. Then his mum had spent a whole week by Bills hospital bed. Then she had been to the jail-house everyday and was seriously pursuing the case. Whatever has transpired in his 6 month-hiatus, it had done some work on his parents. The love between them was undeniable. It was obviously obvious that they still cared for one another. His fathers case was a hot one...that much he knew. From the way him mum and the lawyer Tom talked it was going to take a miracle. Dave was sure of one thing he would pray and he would also do something else. One of this days he would write his dad a letter.