Chapter 18

A/N Hey, so new chapter. Picture of Moose :)

'------'-------'-------'-------'

*Max pov*

It has been a week since the conference/meeting with all of the councilors and I'm pretty damn sure that Moose is more relaxed. He is getting a haircut today to look more professional, or so he says. I am just sitting in the back kitchen figuring out what to do for dinner for the pack. Everybody has been telling me since I'm the luna that I don't have to cook anymore but I like cooking so why not?

It was about five o'clock at the moment and Moose still wasn't home. I wanted to call him but I didn't want to disturb his haircut. I felt arms wrap around my waist and jumped slightly before feeling the amazing sparks going around me. I leaned back against Moose and sighed contently.

"Hey babe." He whispered into my ear before nipping it. I squeaked a little bit and giggled only to have him laugh at me. I turned around, smacked his arm and was about to curse his out but I saw his hair. He got it cut a lot shorter and put some highlights in it but it made him look very handsome. I reached my hand up and slowly went through it then down his face to his eyes then his nose then landed on his mouth. I traced his beautiful lips and smiled when he kissed the tips of them.

"This looks very handsome on you my love." I whispered afraid I would mess up the aura. He smiled and slowly leaned down to kiss my lips. Our lips were only connected for a few seconds before we heard a high pitch scream.

We quickly broke away and ran to where the screaming was. When we got outside I stood there in shock. One of our pack warriors was lying on the grass, near the tress, covered in blood.

"What happened?" Moose roared. Everyone was dead silent before we heard a distant howl and that's when I smelt it. Rouge. How did nobody realize that a rouge came into our land?

I could feel Moose getting angry so I quickly touched his arm and slid my hand down to tangle in his.

"What happened?" I repeated Moose' question. Still, nobody said anything. I let go of my mates hand and went next to the warrior. He looked dead but I could hear a small, weak heartbeat. "Get the pack doctor now! He's still alive." I yelled at everyone. I could hear small whimpers from the warrior so I turned to look at him.

I smoothed out his bloody coat and gave him the best reassuring smile I could. The wolf purred quietly from my touch and I noticed who this warrior was. Issac.

Issac may be the second in command but he was also a warrior. He was, dare I admit it, one of the best warriors we have. He wasn't the leader but he was up there.

"Issac, we are getting help. Just hold on okay?" I continued to smooth out his fur as everyone waited for the pack doctor.

"Baby, the pack doctor is here." I heard Moose say. I moved away from the wolf as the doctor went and evaluated Isaac.

"Do you think we will have a rouge attack soon?" I asked Moose as I leaned against his side.

"No, I don't think so. I feel like it was only one rouge that wanted to act powerful." I only nodded and watched a Isaac slowly turned back to him human form. When he was fully turned I say claw marks on his chest and half of his face was covered in blood. His breathing was shallow and hard.

"Moose, Max? Come here please?" The doctor said. We went up to her and Isaac and sat down by him. I smoothed out his hair and told him comforting words as the doctor talked to Moose.

"You're going to be okay Isaac. Just don't push yourself so hard. Okay?" He nodded and closed his eyes.

I continued to smooth out his hair hair and give him comforting words as the doctor stitched up the deep cuts. We couldn't move him without making him be in more pain so he stays here until he is all cleaned up.