Twenty-Eight

A loud knocking brought me away from my sleep, causing me to groan, which in turn woke Paul.

"What is it, baby? Are you in pain?" Paul asked quickly as he jolted up from the bed.

"No, no, I'm fine. Someone's knocking at the door."

"Are they ringing the bell?"Paul snicked at his own joke.

"Cheeky. Now, should we get the door?"

"I'll do you a favor, and let 'em in." Paul sang.

I slapped his arm lightly, glaring at him for trying to make jokes at this hour of the morning. He threw on his clothes from the night before and I heard him descend the stairs, humming his own song to himself.

"Paul! What's this I see?" The voice at the door greeted.

"Good morning, Rich!" I heard Paul exclaim.

Who was Rich?

 I decided to get dressed and go downstairs to greet our visitor. I threw on some clothes and checked on Stella and James who were still fast asleep.

I entered the living room to find Paul having a conversation with none other than Ringo Starr himself. Ringo noticed my entrance, eyes widening at me.

"This her, huh, Paul?"

Paul looked behind himself, standing up to take my hand and lead me to the spot beside him.

"You bet it is, Rich. Amethyst, this is none other than Richard Starkey himself, or Ringo Starr, whichever you want."

"Nice to meet you. What would you like to be called?"

"Well, I hear the name "Daddy" is already take, so Ringo is fine with me."

He laughed, but I was at a loss for words. Paul just looked at me like he knew what Ringo was talking about. Ringo proceeded to hand me a magazine, the title saying it all.

SUGAR DADDY PAUL

"I'm just messing with you, love. I thought you two would want a copy of this."

Paul began to laugh, as did I, but more out of nervousness than Paul's happy laughter.

"You were right, love! The headlines are quite interesting this morning!" Paul told me.

"You two caused this?" Ringo asked.

I smiled, remembering the night out we had last night and smirked at Paul.

"I guess you could say that."

We ignored the magazine, leaving it lying on the table and chatting the day away with Ringo. Stella and James eventually came down, eating breakfast and then getting to play with their "Uncle Ringo." Paul had multiple phone calls that day, people who worked at the companies who were involved with him wanting to know what was happening. Luckily, nothing was consequential. The day faded into night and Ringo left, leaving Stella and James worn out from a full day of play, I as well. The stars began to become clear in the sky as Paul and I sat on a blanket outside in the cold air of January. He wrapped the other blanket tightly around us, trying his best to keep us warm. 

"I wonder what's out there..." I pondered.

"Out there? Out where?" Paul asked.

"Everywhere..."

"You're getting sleepy and that pretty little mind of yours is wandering. Ready for bed?"

"Yes, darling. Before we go though, can you tell me one thing that is certain?"

"Anything?" Paul asked.

"Anything." I responded as Paul scooped me up into his arms.

"My love for you."

I smiled and nuzzled my head into his shoulder as he carried me into the house and up the stairs. Removing our clothes and bundling in the covers, he spoke softly.

"Want to know another thing that's certain, love?"

"What's that?"

"You're my sugar baby."

I laughed quietly, but didn't know what to make of his comment.

"How do you reckon that one out?"

"I'm your sugar daddy, you're my sugar baby."

"You're not my sugar daddy, Paulie."

"Oh, I'm not?" He said, trying to sound hurt.

"No, you're just my daddy."

I heard his breath hitch a bit in his throat and he fidgeted slightly under the covers.

"Why do you always have to say things like that? Gets me all hot and bothered." He said under his breath.

"Because, darling..." I said running my hand up and down his back.

"I know what it does to you."

This chapter wasn't that great and I apologize for that. It was more of a filler than anything. Announcement, though! I have a new book out called Across the Universe and I would love it if you would go and read it, vote, comment, and all that fun stuff! Thank you!