Chapter 5

(Alexa)

We got our shoes and went into the rink.  From there, we tried to impress each other with tricks on the ice.  I could do a couple of turns, while he glided gracefully on one foot.  We laughed and just had childlike fun, and I could not help but think of the good old days.  When we dated, we would always go ice skating in December.  We would hold hands and skate for hours, looking up at the stars.  

Christmas music played and there were a few trees with lights on them outside of the rink.  It was beautiful, and breathtakingly romantic.  I honestly had attempted to kiss him a few times now, but each time he would break away to take me somewhere else.  I had become tired of skating, so I took a break and sat down on a bench.  I took some pictures with my phone before hearing a cute little voice again.

"Heya Alexa!" said Lily.  I swung my head around to see her smiling at me.  I did not even realize that she had came to sit by me.

"Hey Lily, you having fun?" I asked her as she swung her dangling less back and forth.

"Yeah," then she looked up at me, "I see you met a boy, and he seems to be teasing you."

I looked out at the rink, and sure enough, Charlie was being a show off in the rink.  He new that I didn't like it when he constantly did trick after trick, and by the smug look on his face, I knew he was doing it on purpose.

"Well, he seems to be VERY in love with you," I giggled to myself and then she continued, "If he is in love with you, then you should probably marry him.  That's what my mommy and daddy did." I smiled at her and gave her an answer that I could tell she was waiting to hear from me.

"Well, I guess we will see how tonight goes, and if he does love me then maybe I will marry him." I was kind of shocked at myself for giving such a blunt answer.  I decided to change the subject.  "What do you want for Christmas Lily?" I asked her, wondering what she was wanting.

"Well, I want a pair of wings," she smiled and her cheeks were rosy red.

"Fairy wings?" I asked wondering why she chose wings of all things.

"No. My daddy says that I am an angel, so I want my wings to show it!" She seemed really excited about getting those.  I leaned close to her like I was whispering a secret.

"You want to know how an angel usually get their wings?" She nodded and looked up at me expectantly.  "I heard, that every time a bell rings, and angel gets it's wings."

"Really?  Maybe I should ask for a bell then..." I closed my eyes and laughed.  When I  turned to see that she was gone again.  Probably left to go find a bell.

"Alexa get back in here, I'm tired of showing off!" Charlie called out to me, and I giddily made my way back on the ice.

Now it was my turn.  I did many tricks, and soon we began to face off against each other.  It became such a competition, that a crowd had gathered around to witness the commotion that we were making.  Then Charlie did some kind that I had never seen before, I took a deep breath and mentally prepared for the last trick.  I heard applause go off after I finished, and Charlie and I took a bow.

I saw him glance at his watch, and he told me that we still had forty-five minutes left.

*****************************************************************************************************

(Charlie)

Ice skating was a huge success in my opinion.  We both glided for a while, and then I started picking up the pace.  She had always hated it when I was a show off.  Back when we were dating, if I started showing off, she would challenge me and it would always be so epic.  We usually drew in quite the crowd with our performances.  

I took in the area around me, while I was skating alone.  The whole scene of it all was quite beautiful.  The trees lit around the rink filled with people dressed in their best winter clothes.  Christmas music playing in the background, and a gorgeous woman at my side.

Speaking of which, where did she go?

I looked around until I found her resting on the bench.  She waved at me and I knew what I had to do.  I built up my moment and began doing the tricks I had learned as a teenager.  After a few of them, I saw her looking at me with disapproval and I began to do more.  It wasn't too much longer and she was back in the rink to challenge me.  She was so graceful with each of her tricks, looking so delicate and beautiful.  She tore up the ice and left in the air like there was nothing to it.  It was all amazing really.  I decided to give it one more go, and did a trickier one.  I thought I had her beat until she did her last one.  I am surprised that she never became an ice skating princess or whatever.

I could not help but look at her until I broke my stare when hearing the applause and cheers from the crowd that had gathered.  Apparently, we had given them a show, and I saw all of the smiling faces around us as we exited the ring.  I then decided to take her back to the park, and to the pavilion where we had our first kiss.