EPILOGUE

Many Years Later

(Alexa)

It was that time of year again...December.  My husband and I's anniversary just passed, and once again we were at the annual Christmas party in Holly Grove.  It is slightly different now than it was back then.  The lights are a lot more modern, and new stores and restaurants had opened in the town.  One of those restaurants belonged to Charlie.  Charlie's restaurant business has expanded into a very successful chain over the past few years, and it has made us more than well off, especially considering that I was just as successful with my job.  I still worked for the journal in NYC, and I was one of the bosses now.

We have two beautiful children.  Clara is sixteen, and she isn't your typical snotty teenager.  In fact, she is very kind and wants to take over the restaurant business one day.  She is also very into fashion though, and has also thought about design school.  Then there is Drew, he is twelve and seems to be interested in photography.  I usually catch him taking pictures and editing them on his laptop.

I continued to hand out cocoa like every year, and watched as Clara joined my friends daughters.  Yep, somehow we all ended up with sixteen year old daughters who became good friends as well despite being apart so often.  Nadia did marry Conner by the way, and their daughter's name is Natalia. Violet's daughter is Kristina, Katie's is Jennifer, and Madeline's is Amber.

I watched as the girls followed the tradition of their mothers.  That's right, we taught them the Mistletoe game.  We actually told them about it last year, and so they took it upon themselves to carry out the tradition. 

"It's hard to believe that it's our daughters instead of us now," Nadia told us while taking a sip of her cocoa.

"Yeah, it feels like yesterday that I met Kyle.." Katie breathed watching Jennifer as she talked with the other girls.

"I know what you mean. It seems like it wasn't that long ago when Kristina was born," Violent said while handing a little kid a cup.

"I just think it's weird that my daughter just turned sixteen!  Sixteen! That's crazy to me!" Madeline said while heating up some more water.

I nodded and turned back to watch the girls.  I saw Amber staring off into the distance.  I knew what was about to happen before it even did.

"Mistletoe!" Clara shouted at her friend and then the others chimed in.  Amber grumbled before taking off after the boy.

That's where it all starts.  That one powerful word that could jumpstart an amazing journey of romance and love.  It only takes one word.

"Mistletoe."