Chapter 1

"I think that's it," Thea said as we shoved the trunk of my car close.

I sighed looking back at the now empty house, "Yep."

"Are you sure you can't stay?" She asked,

"I'm sorry, Thea but I have to leave I can't live here anymore without all the reminders besides you know I'm always a phone call away," I hugged her tightly as tears formed in my eyes.

"Bye Sadie," she said into my shoulder.

A car pulled up beside us and Oliver and Felicity got out quickly.

"I'm so glad we didn't miss you," Felicity said running over and hugging me.

"You guys didn't all have to come," I laughed.

"Sadie, you're my best friend you can't leave without me saying goodbye," she answered.

"Okay, I really have to get going," I laughed as she hugged me tighter.

"Alright, alright. Be safe," she smiled keeping a hand on my shoulder.

"I will," I nodded and walked towards my car where Oliver was standing, "See ya Ollie."

"Take care of yourself, let me know if you ever need any help," he grinned.

I hugged him and waved goodbye to everyone before getting into my car and driving away from Starling City. When I finally pulled up outside of my apartment in Central City it was nearly dark out so I parked quickly and started hauling boxes up the three floors to my new apartment. Though it was on the rougher part of Central City it had a beautiful view of the skyline. I unlocked the door turning on the light switch and the living room lit up. I didn't have much furniture yet but luckily I started my new job at the coffee shop, Jitters so I could afford some soon. Oliver offered to buy some but I came to Central City for a new start and I wanted to start it on my own.

I set the boxes labeled for the kitchen on the counter before heading back downstairs. I was definitely going to be exercising just going up and down these stairs. I grabbed some more boxes heading back upstairs and repeated this until I was going back with the last box when out of nowhere a man ran into me on the second landing as I fell the box slipped out of my hands landing at my side luckily it was only clothing and not anything breakable.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going," the man looked down at me holding out a hand.

"It's quite alright," I laughed as I took his hand and he hoisted me up. He had bright blue eyes and brown hair. He was also wearing a button up shirt with a sweater and a bag slung over his shoulder.

"So are you new here?" He asked picking up the box, "I mean of course you're new you're carrying boxes. I mean um I'm Barry Allen."

I smiled, "I'm Sadie and yeah I'm just moving into 4C."

"That's cool I'm in 4A. Welcome to Central City," he said handing me the box.

"Thanks," I said nodding.

Barry looked at his watch, "Oh I'm already late I should get going do you need any help?"

"I should be fine," I smiled as he started back tracking.

"Maybe I'll stop by later if you still need help?" He suggested.

"Sure that sounds great," I nodded before he went bounding down the stairs. I went upstairs and found 4A two doors down from me. Once I had everything separated into the rooms they were supposed to be in I started unpacking the boxes. I finished up my bedroom setting my lamp on the dresser before going onto the living room. I set up the TV but waited to put it on the wall mount. Next was my computer which I put on a desk in the corner and then unraveled my rug in the middle of the room. It was still empty without furniture but it felt more like home. I unpacked towels putting them in the cabinet in the bathroom when there was a knock at the door. "Coming!" I called going down the hall to the door. I opened it and there stood Barry with a pizza.

"Hey I thought I'd bring by some dinner since you probably didn't eat while unpacking," he grinned.

"Oh you didn't have to," I smiled opening the door wider for him to walk in.

"It was no problem. Besides there's a pizza place I pass everyday on the way to work," he said setting it on the counter, "Wow, you got pretty far."

"Yeah, I didn't have much to unpack I'm hoping to get some money working then buy some used furniture," I said as we both looked over the apartment.

"Well I should go I just thought I would drop off some food," he said pointing towards the door.

"Oh please stay I can't eat an entire pizza besides I need help mounting the tv," I said gesturing to the tv on the ground.

"I mean if we have to mount the tv..."

"Then you have to at least stay for dinner," I finished. So we mounted the tv and then I went to grab some of plates and came back to Barry sitting on the rug grabbing a pizza out of the box. I handed him one sitting across from him with the box between us.

"So where are you from?" He asked finishing a piece.

"Starling City," I answered wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"Oh that's cool, you guys have that vigilante there right?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"What do you think of him?" Barry asked.

"Well I think he's just trying to save the city," I answered but I really wanted to say was that he was a pain in my ass though I'm sure Oliver's secret identity was for him to tell not me. Barry and I sat and talked for the rest of the night until he got ready to leave around midnight.

"Hey thanks for the pizza," I said as we walked towards the door.

"No problem neighbor," he grinned, "See ya Sadie."

"Bye Barry," I smiled before shutting the door behind him. I put what was left of the pizza in the refrigerator before changing into my pajamas and getting into bed. I unlocked my phone and dialing the familiar number.

"Hello?" Thea's voice answered on the other end.

"Hey Thea," I said, "I hope I'm not bothering you."

"Oh no, just closing up the club. You all unpacked?" She asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

"So how's Central City?" She asked.

"I didn't get to see much yet but I met my neighbor, Barry Allen, he bought me a pizza and helped me unpack," I said.

"Ooh is he cute?" She teased.

"Maybe a bit," I smiled turning over to my back.

"Okay, I know you didn't just call me to talk about boys what's wrong?" Thea asked.

"Nothing," I answered as I felt tears brim my eyes.

"Sade," she said sternly.

"I don't know I guess I miss home but I mean there isn't much there anymore with Dad and Tommy gone," I sniffled.

"Sadie Merlyn I'm still here in Starling City and therefore you will always have a home with me," she answered.

"Thanks Thea," I said wiping tears that had fallen.

"Alright, go to bed, you need sleep, call me whenever you want though," she said.

"Goodnight," I laughed.

"Night," she answered before hanging up.

I sighed setting my phone on the nightstand before looking out the window to the skyline and slowly falling asleep.