Chapter 7

The next morning I found my apartment empty with a note on the counter from Felicity saying she went to go get coffee. Then my phone rang as I got a text.

Rise and Shine, we'll meet you outside in 15 minutes.

"Shit," I muttered underneath my breath. I went into my closet what do you wear for heist? I pulled out some jeans and a black hoodie hoping it would cover up most of my face. With five minutes to spare I headed downstairs and out onto the sidewalk where there was a black car waiting by the curb.

"Sadie, good to see you," Leonard smiled getting out of the car.

I walked passed him not saying anything and slid into the car, "What's the plan?" I asked.

"Well today there is a truck taking the diamond to a warehouse but we're going to hijack it," Mick answered from the front passenger seat.

We drove along a back road when another car joined us.

"There they are," Leonard said soon we caught up to a truck, "So here's the plan. They're going to take the guards out and you're going to phase into the truck as we tow it to retrieve the diamond," he handed me an ear piece.

Ahead was the museum truck and the tow truck stopped it as we jumped out of the car. "Now," Snart ordered and I jumped towards the back door of the truck and phased through it luckily.

Another heistman pushed through the door when suddenly he was pulled backwards and I was shoved to the ground. The streak stood a few feet from me as I covered my face as he helped the guard who was shot. Snart grabbed my arm pulling me onto a motorcycle and we rode away from the scene. He took us back to an old motor company warehouse where they discussed the streak.

"When I was a kid, my grandfather used to take my sister and me to this diner, the motorcar. Food was for crap, but the view was great, right across from the Central City precinct. I still go there. I listen to their radios and I learn their response times," Leonard told us, "There are 40 banks in Central City, each of them within 60 seconds of police response. That's the advantage of hitting a moving target. Once the armored car called 911, we had 182 seconds before any cop could be on the scene. No one could have gotten there fast enough to stop us. But something did, and you lost your cool."

We were all silent.

"You know the rules," he turned to one of the men, "We don't shoot guards or cops unless it's the only option. We don't need the heat."

"The heat?" The man asked, "What the hell do you think the blur is, Snart or her?" He pointed to me, "Screw this. Screw you, I'm out."

Suddenly Snart shot him and he fell to the ground, "Well, if you're out you're out. This blur is a man and we're gonna have to up our game," he turned to me.

Snart grabbed his new ice gun and we got in a car and my phone rang. I started to answer it but he stopped me.

"No funny business," he warned.

"It's just my friends if I don't answer then we'll have a problem," I shot back before answering my phone, "Hello?"

"Hey Sade," Felicity answered.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well Iris, Barry, Eddie and I were going to trivia night at Jitters and I wanted to invite you to come," she asked.

I glanced at Snart, "Um, I don't know if I can make it tonight. I already have some stuff I need to get done but I'll see you at my place after." I hung up a bit later as we pulled up in front of the museum and Snart handed me some goggles, "What are these for?" I asked.