Chapter 18

After two days of waiting Cisco called me, "Hey Cisco."

"Hey Phase, I really wanted to call you the past couple weeks but Barry didn't want me to," he answered.

"It's okay, Cisco. I understand," I laughed, "Barry, is very protective of the people he loves, I get it."

"Good, we have a new meta on our hands," he informed me before I headed over to Star Labs for the first time in what felt like forever.

Caitlyn gave me a quick hug and Wells nodded before they went on talking.

"Death by apitoxin," Caitlyn informed us as I looked at the file we were on. There were pictures of a woman who had puncture wounds all over her face and body.

"Honeybee venom," Well concluded.

"Bees, why did it have to be bees? Y'all I don't do bees," Cisco rambled and I grinned, "Ain't nobody got time for bees."

"But when a honeybee stings, the stingers are literally torn from their abdomen and they die," Wells answered.

"But there were no stingers in the body and no dead bees in the car," Barry answered.

"A honeybee can only deposit .1 milligrams of apitoxin when it releases its stinger," Caitlyn informed us.

"And yet, Ms. Kang was found with enough venom in her system to kill a herd of elephants," Dr. Wells said, "It appears not only is a meta-human controlling these bees but also increasing their toxicity."

"Bees communicate by releasing pheromones. Maybe this meta's controlling them through secretion?" Barry suggested.

"Anyone want to join me in getting a beekeeper suit?" Cisco asked.

"I'm pretty sure I can outrun a bee," he answered.

"Just don't run into a lake."

We all turned to find Felicity standing in the doorway of the cortex.

"Bees will wait for you to come up for air and they'll sting you," she shrugged, "Discovery Channel. Turns out there's a lot to discover."

"Felicity, what are you doing here?" Barry asked her.

"Can you guys come out for a sec?" She gestured to the door.

We followed her downstairs and outside to the courtyard. She stared up at the sky as the team waited for something to happen.

"What exactly are we waiting for Ms. Smoak?" Dr. Wells asked her.

"Up there," she pointed to the sky to a place figure.

"Is that a bird?" Caitlyn asked confused.

"It's a plane," Cisco answered

"It's my boyfriend," Felicity answered as a man in a robot suit landed in front of us.

"Hi," he grinned taking of his helmet., "I'm Ray."

The team plus Felicity and Ray went back up to the cortex and Caitlyn took Ray to check his vitals as Barry and I stood with Felicity watching.

"So he seems a little tall for you," Barry told her.

"Barry Allen, are you jealous?" Felicity asked glancing at me quickly.

"No, I'm not jealous. I just really wish you would've called before flying in," he answered.

"Oh no, he flew. I drove," she said.

"I'm serious, all right? Now is not the best time," he said and even I didn't know what was going on.

"Why? What's going on?" Felicity asked as Ray and Caitlyn came out of the infirmary.