Chapter 4

I walked through the Starling City airport with my luggage in tow. After checking my phone I headed outside where Oliver and Diggle were waiting next to their car. Oliver saw me first and I ran to him he hugged me tightly.

"Hey what's going on?" He asked concerned. He kept a hand on my shoulder.

"I need your help," I said looking at them both.

"Sure, anything," Oliver nodded.

"What kind of help?" Diggle asked.

"We can't talk about it here," I said looking around at the people.

"Come on we can head to the basement," Oliver put an arm around me and led me into the car. We rode to Verdant and into the basement where Felicity was sitting at her computers.

"Oh Sadie! I didn't know you were here!" She said turning around in her chair.

"Yeah, it was a last minute trip," I said truthfully.

"So what seems to be the problem?" Oliver asked.

"Okay I know this probably will sound crazy so it might be better if I show you," I looked around the room before going up to the case where Oliver's uniform was. I went to push my hand through the glass but nothing happened. I tried it again but the same result. I sighed in frustration.

"Was something supposed to happen?" Felicity asked curiously.

"Yes...my hand...it was supposed to," I brought my hand back once more and pushed it towards the case and it went right through, "To do that."

"What the hell?" Diggle said astonished.

"Sadie, be careful you're going to hurt yourself," Oliver said walking to my side.

"That's just it. I didn't hurt myself," I said pulling my hand back through, "I didn't break the glass my hand just went through it."

"Well that's one thing I've never seen before," Felicity said amazed.

"So you think you can help me?" I asked turning towards them. Since stuff like this wasn't really their thing Felicity ran a few tests on me to see what might of made this happen but she wasn't positive on anything.

"I think the only way to make it possible is for you to control it," she said taking her glasses off.

"That's just it I don't know how to," I confessed.

"When did this start happening?" Oliver asked crossing his arms.

"Two days ago, I tripped in my kitchen and I went to grab the wall but my hand went right through it. I thought I was imagining it but then it happened later with some dishes at work," I answered.

"Have you told anyone about this?" He asked.

"No just you guys I was too scared everyone would think I was a freak," I said truthfully.

"I'm not really sure what to tell you. It's kind of a teach yourself kind of thing. I mean I've never seen anything like this before," Felicity said.

I hopped down from the table and paced around the room.

"I think this is just something you might have to keep to yourself until we find answers. I have a few friends that might know what to do," she suggested.

"Okay, I'm sorry to waste your guys time," I said sadly.

"It's okay Sadie, you were scared and didn't know what to do. I'm glad you came to us," Oliver said.

"Well it's getting late I probably should leave," I answered packing up my things.

"Why don't you stay at my house? There's plenty of room since Thea left," he suggested.

"What? Thea left? Why?" I asked suddenly.

"Well she didn't leave she's actually more mad than anything. She's been staying at Roy's for the past couple of weeks," Oliver explained, "She's probably upstairs now in the club. Maybe you want to go talk to her?"

"Yeah, just wait outside for me, it shouldn't be too long," I said as we walked up the stairs. I went into the club where the music blasted loudly. I walked around and found Roy.

"Sadie! What are you doing here?" He shouted over the music while hugging me.

"No reason. Where's Thea? I wanted to talk to her," I yelled.

"I think she's up in the office getting some more drinks," he pointed to the office.

"Okay thanks!" I answered.

"Nice seeing you!" He called before I walked up the stairs to the office.

I opened the door knocking, "Knock knock."

"Sadie! You're here!" Thea said looking up at me.

I crossed the room and she hugged me, "Yeah, just a little homesick I thought I would stop by. I'm staying at your house but apparently you don't live there anymore."

"Uh yeah," she brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Thea, what's going on?" I asked as we both sat on the edge of the desk.

"Well um this is kinda sudden..."

"It's okay. You can tell me anything," I put my hand on hers.

"Well you remember how my mom announced in court that she cheated on my dad with your dad?" Thea asked.

"Yeah, it was before either of us were born, we put it behind us right?" I answered.

"Yeah, well a few weeks ago I was kidnapped well I mean I wasn't kidnapped he let me go, by one of Oliver's old friends who ended up being from the island. He told me Oliver had kept a secret from me," she went on.

Did he tell her about Oliver being the Arrow?

"He said that my mom when she had the affair it was the same time she became pregnant with me," she said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Wait are you saying?" I asked but she cut me off.

"Malcolm Merlyn is my biological father," she sobbed.

"And how do you know this is the truth?" I asked.

"Because when I confronted my mom and Oliver about it she didn't deny it," she answered.

"Wait so that means we're half sisters," I breathed.

"I mean as much as I love you I can't believe my mom would lie to me about something like this," Thea sobbed.

I hugged her while rubbing her back, "It's okay. We'll get through this." We sat in silence for awhile until she stood up.

"I should probably get back to work," she wiped the tears from her face.

"Okay, well let me know when you need to talk," I hugged her once more.

"Thanks," she smiled.

"What are sisters for?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to get used to that," she laughed.

I left Thea in the office before heading out to Oliver's car and slid in.

"Did she tell you?" He asked quietly and I nodded.

The car ride to Oliver's house was quiet except for the radio playing silently in the background. We walked in and Oliver showed me my room. We stood outside the door, "Thanks," I said suddenly.

"For what?" He asked.

"I don't know. Just for always being there for me now that Tommy is gone," I shrugged.

"Sadie, I'll always be there for you," he smiled hugging me tightly.

"Well I guess we're kinda like family now," I smirked.

"We were family before this and remember I'm always a call away if you ever need me," he nodded.

"Thanks Ollie," I grinned, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Sadie."