Chapter 22

I left before Wells could say anything else and rushed to the garage where my car was. As I sat there going over what he had said I dropped my head onto the steering wheel. I was supposed to die that's what kept all this timeline together or at least my future. After collecting myself I drove home for the first time in what felt like weeks which was true. The apartment was silent and was the exact same as I had left it. I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower again for the first time in weeks. The water ran down my face as I tried to forget everything but it was impossible. My phone rang on the bathroom counter but I ignored it wanting to ignore everything like I always did. What was going to happen now? Am I going to run away like I always did? Even I didn't know what was going to happen next. I sighed after taking a long shower and got out tying my hair up and changing to jeans and a t shirt.

"Sadie?" Barry called from the living room.

I took a deep breath looking at myself in the mirror trying to decide what I was going to tell Barry. My eyes had dark circles underneath them and there were a few scars and bruises on my arms and face but of course my reflection couldn't answer that.

"Sadie, are you here?" He called again.

After looking in the mirror once more I opened the bathroom door and walked towards the living room where Barry turned as I entered.

"Hey, are you alright? You weren't at Star Labs..." He trailed off.

"Uh yeah, I had to think about a lot of things," I sighed wrapping my arms around myself.

"Me too, that's why I came looking for you," Barry answered looking at the ground, "Wells said if I helped him get back to his own time he'd help me save my mother."

"What?" I asked.

"It's just the biggest decision of my life and if I'm wrong, I can't undo it," he said sitting on the edge of the couch.

"Why wouldn't you want to? You would get to see your mom again, your dad, have a great career and even get married," I shrugged staying where I was.

"We don't know that's gonna happen," Barry answered looking up at me.

"It will. In any timeline that we know of, you and Iris are going to get married," I fought back.

"What do you mean? How do you know?" He asked as his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Because Barry!" I yelled before pausing and taking a breath, "Because...I'm going to die."

"What makes you think that?" He asked standing up and walking towards me.

"Wells said in his timeline that I die and it's the whole reason you still fight and that you and Iris get married," I cried while blubbering like an idiot, "We're not going to be together and I'm not going to live."

"Sadie, that's not going to happen," Barry answered as he reached to hug me but I took a step back.

"It doesn't matter, Barry. It's going to happen whether we like it or not," I shot back before backing up towards my room and tears welled in his eyes, "Just go save your mom and that Sadie won't remember any of this." Nothing that I had just told him was true. I didn't want him to save his mom or that we could never be together I wanted to be with Barry but after knowing what the future held I don't think we could make it work. I shut my bedroom door leaning against it before sliding to the ground. Barry's footsteps could be heard outside my door before he backtracked and the front door opened and closed. I stayed on my bedroom floor for awhile when I got a call from Caitlin.

"Caitlin, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong, I need you to get to Star Labs asap," she ordered me.