Chapter 9

"Sadie, say something," Felicity pleaded.

"I...I don't know what to say," I broke my silence, "How is this possible? He's supposed to be dead."

"We're not sure yet. But Nessa had kidnapped Thea because she had found out that she was Malcolm's daughter," he explained, "She thinks that he killed Sara but I don't believe that. Nessa is not going to stop going after him. That's why we brought you here to protect you from her."

"I don't need protecting. I can defend for myself," I answered.

"We know you can but you don't know the League of Assassins they'll come after you," Oliver answered.

"Well how long have you guys known about my dad? Obviously you knew he was alive before this if he survived the bombing," I fought back.

"We wanted to tell you Sade we just didn't know how," Felicity answered.

I put my head in my hands sighing before getting up and leaving the cave when I ran into Thea, "Thea, woah your hair," I said noticing how short it was.

"Sadie, when did you get here?" She asked surprised, "You have to start telling me when you're coming."

"Sorry, uh yeah, I just got here. I was actually looking for you," I stumbled over my words, "I heard you were kidnapped are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What about you? You look like you've seen a ghost," she said as we walked through the club.

"I mean yeah I kinda did," I nodded.

"Ollie, told you about your dad?" She guessed.

"You knew too?" I asked.

"I mean I had my uh, suspicions," she answered, "Come on, I'll take you to my place."

I nodded and we got in her car heading to an apartment complex, "Geez, Thea how can you afford this?" I asked as we walked into the large apartment.

"Actually, your dad, our dad, owns the estate so technically we own it," she answered, "I hope you're not mad..."

"Why would I be mad?" I asked.

"I don't know, that I'm using our dad's money which was technically your money in the first place and now he's not dead," she rambled.

"Thea, it's fine. I haven't touched any of it, someone needed to. I just wanted a new start in Central and do it on my own without of any Dad's money," I told her, "Besides I have a few purchases I think I'm going to have to make soon." There was a knock at the door.

"I think that's probably Ollie," she glanced at the door.

"I'm going to go look around," I answered as she walked to the door. I went upstairs looking around the bedroom as I heard them arguing downstairs. A few minutes later Thea came upstairs when suddenly the power went out.

"What the hell?" Thea swore as we walked over to the window as all the power went out in the city. "What is going on?" She yelled as we went to look for Oliver.

"Ollie?" I yelled. The tv suddenly turned red and we ran downstairs to watch it.

"We are brother eye. Judgement has been rendered against this city. It's sentence carried out. This is what comes next...a new life you will live on your knees and it will take nothing more than a push of a button. We are control now and this is just the beginning. Let there be light"

The tv powered off and the lights all came back on.  "What should we do?" I asked.

"I'm going to go to Verdant and check up on the backup generator in the basement," she answered heading towards the door.