Chapter 12

"Anger, hate, aggression," Dr. Wells told us after we came back from the bank robbery where everyone seemed to have turned on each other.

"A jedi craves not these things," Cisco said in a yoda voice, "No one is even feeling that quote?"

"Everyone in the bank went total savage for like five minutes," I leaned against the desk.

"And then they were fine again," Barry finished standing beside me.

I had to remind myself not to do anything stupid around him or show any affection because then I could potentially be cheating on Barry with myself. Our date was tonight but I wasn't too sure that was going to happen with this meta on the loose.

"Anger can be a powerful emotion," Wells explained, "If this meta human can engender irrational feelings of anger in his victims, he can do a lot of damage."

"Detective West helped get a copy of the CAT scans the hospital did on everyone at the bank," Caitlyn walked into the cortex, "Take a look."

We all turned to the TVs.

"Well, look at this, the emotion centers of the brains are still signs of being overwhelmed," Wells noticed.

"Particularly the area that controls executive function," Caitlyn added, "That's the part of the brain that stops people from doing whatever random and potentially destructive thing that pops into their head."

"How do you think the meat does that to them?" I asked.

"That's the ½ million dollar question," she shrugged.

"Well I'm going to head home while we figure this out," I nodded.

"Want a ride?" Barry asked.

"No, because then you'd know where I live," I answered raising my eyebrows.

"It was worth a shot," he shrugged before I turned to leave.

I rode home and got ready for our date. Barry hadn't told me where we were going yet so I went a little more casual. I wore a maroon sweater and gray jeans. As I was fixing up my hair my phone from Cisco rang and I sighed.

"Hello?" I answered.

"1600 block of Pass meet Barry there," he ordered.

"Okay," I sighed.

"What did you have a date?" Cisco laughed.

"Something like that," I nodded then hung up. As I was changing back into my suit my actual phone rang.

"Hello?" I said hopping around in my leather pants.

"Sadie?" Barry answered.

"Oh Barry, hi," I groaned finally getting the pants on.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What's up?" I asked.

"I might be a bit late tonight. But I should still be able to make it. I'm sorry," he apologized.

"It's fine, I'll be here," I lied. We both hung up and I ran for my bike meeting Joe at the address. The swat team filed into the building as I stayed close behind them.

"He's on the move," Joe yelled suddenly the man from the bank was in front of us, "Freeze!"

"Hold it right there," I ordered, "Hands up."

He did as commanded

"Is there a problem?" He asked turning.

"Certo," Joe ordered as one of the men walked forward to cuff him, "Certo, what are you waiting for? Cuff him!"