Chapter 13

When I woke up next I sighed deeply which was a huge mistake. I gasped at the sudden pain which also didn't help breathing in at all.

"Sadie?"

I opened my eyes to find Oliver sitting by my bed which was the hospital bed in Star Labs. I reached for my face but was too numb to do it.

"It's okay, your identity is still a secret," he confirmed.

Caitlyn came in checking my vitals, "What happened?" I asked, my voice raspy.

"You fell pretty hard. If it weren't for your phasing powers it could be a lot worse. But mainly just bruises and a minor fracture," she answered before giving us time to talk. Felicity walked in after hearing I was awake and stood beside Oliver.

"What about Barry?" i asked.

"He feels very guilty for hurting both you and Phaser," Felicity answered, "We've been keeping him out of your apartment saying that you didn't want to see him."

"But I'm not mad at him," I answered.

"Well we didn't want to give away your secret so we told him that," Oliver told me.

I nodded, "Thanks guys. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I'm sorry I couldn't hold onto you," Oliver confessed.

"It's fine, Oliver. It isn't your fault either," I said but before I could finish Barry walked into the room. Oliver and Felicity left to give us some privacy.

"Phase..." Barry started.

"Barry, it's okay. I don't blame you," I answered.

"We're supposed to be a team and I let you down," he sighed, "I lost the trust of you and my crush."

"Your crush?" I asked.

"Yeah, this girl, Sadie. The one Oliver and I keep bringing up and that I can't tell her I'm the Flash because it could hurt her," he explained.

"She sounds nice," I nodded.

"Yeah, she's amazing but she came to talk to me while I was on my rampage and I said some mean things to her and she won't talk to me," he said putting his head in his hands.

"Barry, you have to stop blaming yourself for everything that happens. It's not always your fault or in your control," I told him, "I think you should give her another day or two and try to talk to her again."

Barry sat and pondered what I had said then asked, "Have you ever been in love with someone?"

I thought about it for a second. How Barry made me feel and how we had this instant connection, "Yeah, I think I have."

Team Arrow left the next day after Oliver made his speech to Team Flash that his identity must be kept a secret. I hugged Oliver, Felicity and Diggle just as Barry walked over to us.

"Hey Phase, I'm going to take your advice and try talking to Sadie again," Barry said as I glanced at Oliver.

"How about before you do that, we go get a cup of coffee before we leave," Felicity offered.

"Okay, then I'll go right after," he agreed.

They left and I silently thanked Felicity. Caitlyn gave me some pain medication before I left.

"Take a few days off to heal. You deserve it," Cisco said and I smiled.

I returned to my apartment changing into some leggings and a sweater turning on a baking show waiting for Barry to stop by.