Chapter 11

Over the next week Barry and I, I meaning Phaser, worked together fighting off meta humans. It was nice to have a partner to fight crime with. The burner phone rang and I answered it, "Hello?"

"Meet Barry at the Petersburg grid, it's experiencing a power drain."

Before he could finish speaking I already was mostly suited up and ready to go, "I'm on my way." I sped through the streets heading to the grid. Once I was there I walked in and found Barry a few steps ahead of me.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We found a body this morning charred to the bone," he answered. In the middle of the building we found a man with electricity shooting out of his hands towards the grid.

"I'm pretty sure this is a restricted area," Barry shouted at the man as he turned towards us. His eyes were green and he had scars all over his face. He shot electricity at us and Barry ran as I phased.

"Easy there, Zappy," I shouted.

"I have to feed," he said in a menacing tone. He went after Barry as he sped around the room until he was gone.

"What was that? I need more," the man said looking for Barry.

I ran ahead of him holding a dagger in hand, "Woah there."

"What's happening?" Wells asked us.

He suddenly shocked me before I could phase and I fell to the ground. He passed me and found Barry zapping him as well taking all his energy, "Too much," he whispered before sulking away.

"Get out of there," Wells commanded, "Run, Barry."

"I can't," he answered, "My speed....is gone."

I got up slowly as Barry walked over to me, "What happened?"

"I don't know," he shook his head.

We rode back on my bike to Star Labs and they immediately took Barry to the test room where he ran on treadmill.

"He runs slow even for a normal person," Cisco said beside me.

"You can't just lose your powers, okay?" Caitlyn answered, "Your DNA was transformed by the particle accelerator blast. There's no way to un-transform your DNA."

"So we were wrong," Wells said, "This meta human doesn't electrocute people, he siphons electricity, thereby removing your power."

"Alright, do we think this is temporary or..." Barry trailed off.

"We have to run tests," Wells confirmed.

"Yeah, I got to warn Joe," Barry said turning to leave.

"I have to head into work," I nodded.

"Woah, you have another job?" Cisco asked.

"Yeah, I do," I answered, "And I'm going to be late. See you guys later."

I sped back home on my bike swapping it for my car and drove to Jitters for my nightshift. There were a few people in the cafe, mostly students probably studying or doing other types of school work. I was taking an order when suddenly the lights flickered on and off. There were screams outside and everyone in the cafe ran out running home. I closed up quickly locking the doors with some of the other employees before we left. I grabbed my duffel with my suit in it heading towards the noise and sirens. There were cops set up outside of the precinct. I saw the captain standing nearby with a radio, "What's going on?" I asked.

"Who...you're the phaser," he gasped.

"Yes and I need you to tell me what needs to be done," I commanded.