High Hopes

"All right crew. I'm your counselor here. My name is Diamond Cloud." the cloudy blue coated pony said firmly as she paced before her campers.
"Now, I bet you all think this is gonna be all fun and games and you can do what ever you want here." she said lowering her eye brows to them. All the pegasus looked back at her surprised.
"Well," Diamond Cloud laughed. "It is, you're here to have fun and learn so you can improve your flying skills." she smiled. The pegasus all cheered and flapped their wings.
Rainbow Dash dashed up to Diamond Cloud. "Excuse me, but could I go to the testing obstacles to check what level I'm at?" Rainbow Dash asked tapping her hooves.
"Sure thing, gosh, you seem so excited." Diamond Cloud smiled.
"You bet, thank you!!" Rainbow said as she dashed away.
"Well, that Dash is in hurry."
"Wait, where is she going?" Thunderstar asked.
"She's off to get her level number. Would you like to join her?"
"Of coarse, Rainbows my Tommy, she's the best." Thunderstar smiled.
"Uh, Tommy?"
"Yeah, my tomboy pal." Thunderstar smiled, than she stepped out the door.
Rainbow Dash flew fast and got to the obstacles. She saw Soarin but couldn't stop in time.
"Soarin!! Watch out!" Rainbow shouted trying to put on the breaks. Soarin looked over just as Rainbow smashed into him and they flew aways before hitting the ground and sliding up the cold dirt.
"Uhh...ow..." Rainbow Dash muttered as she lifted her head. She realized she was on top on Soarin and flew up fast.
"Soarin! Oh my gosh! Are you okay!?!?"
"Uhh...yeah...I'm okay..." Soarin said running his head as he lifted himself up.
"I'm so sorry Soarin," Rainbow said taking a hoof to help him up. "I tried to stop."
Soarin flapped his wings and laughed a little. "It's okay Rainbow Dash. At least we know you've got some good flying skills."
Rainbow Dash grinned and blushed looking away.
"Well, we gonna start?" Soarin asked swirling around.
"Oh yeah!" Rainbow exclaimed happily.
Soarin and Rainbow Dash both did obstacle after obstacle as they got harder and harder. Both pegasus looked at each other at times to be impressed by each other.
"Wow Rainbow, impressive," Soarin said catching a breath. "We should race a few times."
"Gosh, really??" Rainbow said exhausted.
"Yeah...after a break though." Soarin laughed.
Thunderstar flew up and landed quietly. She was out of sight from Rainbow and Soarin.
"Wait a minute. He's a Wonderbolt. Rainbow's been hangin' with a Wonderbolt!" Thunderstar said to herself.
She watched them sit and talk and laugh. The way Rainbow Dash turned away and blushed from Soarin's kind compliment...
"Well whadda ya know..." Thunderstar said to herself.
After a few races of both Soarin and Rainbow winning, Thunderstar stepped out and showed herself. "Hey Rainbow." she smiled.
"Thunderstar, hey, whats up?"
"Just came by to check my level too. What's yours?"
"15 out of 20."
"Awesome, way to go, and you Soarin?"
"Same thing. But I think Rainbow might be a little bit better than I am."
"What?" Rainbow said shocked. "No way, your a Wonderbolt. I couldn't be better. We got the same level."
"Yeah, but your speed is pretty impressive. You shouldn't need any more training here to become a Wonderbolt."
Rainbow Dash stared at him in shock and blushed.
"Wow Rainbow. You're a lot closer than me. Well, maybe...Watch how I do." Thunderstar smiled.
She did amazing stunts on the obstacles at amazing speeds. She was a stripe of black zigzag through it with an estimated level of 14.
"Wow, you're amazing!" Rainbow Dash smiled.
"Thanks Dash, but I'm not as good as you two." Thunderstar smiled.
"Hey, you'll get there." Rainbow smiled.
Thunderstar smiled back. "Thanks, but what about your butterfly friend?"
"Fluttershy? What about her?"
"Well, she doesn't seem so interested in flying..."
"Yeah.." Rainbow said slowly. "She usually sticks to the ground."
"What's she gonna do here?" Thunderstar asked.
"I'm gonna find something for her, first she has to get down here, I'll be right back guys!" and Rainbow flew away.
Rainbow Dash flew up to Fluttershy just as she stepped out of the camp site.
"Hey Fluttershy, lets go get your level checked."
"Wait, what? Where are we going?"
"To the obstacles and races, we have to find out what level you are so we can find out what kind of courses you are fit for. So come on, lets go." Rainbow Dash explained happily flying ahead.
"Oh, um, ah, o-okay, I'm coming.." and Fluttershy flew along trying to keep up.
Rainbow flew down trying to stay near of Fluttershy. The two got to the obstacles and saw Thunderstar.
"Whoa, where's Soarin?"
"Oh, Spitfire came by and they went to do something." Thunderstar said.
"What!? What are they doing!?" Rainbow said freaking out a little.
"Calm down, just some Wonderbolt thing. They're all meeting up for something."
Rainbow Dash paused and landed on her hooves. "Oh, yeah, okay..."
"Rainbow, are you okay?" Fluttershy asked in her soft voice.
"What? Yeah, I was just wondering where Soarin went, that's all...Um, lets figure out your level Fluttershy."
The two flew up to an obstacle.
"Uh, see you guys later!" Thunderstar called to them.