Best Friends

"6 out of 20." Rainbow Dash said with an awkward grin. Fluttershy dropped her head.
"Hey, don't feel bad sport, you're getting there, that's why you're here, to practice to get better. Soon you'll be flying like me."
"Um, I don't know if I could do that good any time soon." Fluttershy said sadly.
"Well, no, that's a bit impractical. But you're gonna improve while you're here." Rainbow smiled.
Fluttershy gave her a sweet smile back.
"Come on, lets find a course for you." and Rainbow flew off with Fluttershy behind.
"Here, here's some six level ones, and you're not even the only pony here." Rainbow said.
Rainbow Dash noticed some pegasus flying by and smiling at her and saying to their buddies. "What's she doing at a level 6?" or "I thought she was the best flyer of Ponyville." Rainbow Dash blushed in embarrassment.
"Okay Fluttershy, you can practice here a bit, I got...some important things to do." And Rainbow flew away before Fluttershy could even respond.
Rainbow Dash flew around a bit until she saw Soarin and Spitfire talking. Rainbow halted in the sky and approached them unseen behind a cloud.
"I hope the Wonderbolts got everything I said in the meeting." Spitfire said.
"I'm sure they did." Soarin replied. "They'd be stupid not to listen to you."
"Well, last time we had a few trouble makers." Spitfire frowned.
"Don't worry. This camp will straighten them out." Soarin smiled.
"Yeah, where's Rainbow Dash been at, I know I saw her?"
"Oh, she's been all over of course," Soarin smiled. It gave Rainbow Dash butterflies. "Her and were calculating our levels earlier."
"Awesome, is she better then you?" Spitfire teased.
"Nope, we got the same level. Maybe she'll do other courses with me." Soarin smiled putting a hoof to his chin. Rainbow Dash hugged herself with glee trying not to burst.
"Maybe. You and I have to do some too. And I'd like to meet with her and talk some time."
"Great, I'll let her know if I see her again."
"Thanks Soarin." Spitfire smiled, and she went on her way as Soarin did also. Rainbow Dash waited a few seconds before flying up to Soarin as he walked.
"Hey Soarin," she smiled a bit nervous.
"Rainbow Dash, hey! Spitfire and I were just talking about you. She'd like to speak with you some time if you get the chance."
"Wow, that's great, uh... Could we actually meet sometime later?"
"Oh, well sure, where?"
"Outside my cabin, I'll meet you there around four. Does that work?"
"Yeah, but what's this about?"
"Uhh, I'll tell you when we meet up, I gotta run, I mean fly, I gotta fly, um, later Soarin." and she dashed away in a hurry.
"Oh, what was I thinking?! I have no idea what I'm gonna say to Soarin later..." Rainbow Dash looked over at two pegasus ponies flying around and laughing with each other. Rainbow saddened a little. She flew down back to the obstacles.
"Hey, Fluttershy, how you doing? Sorry I kind of bailed on you..."
"Oh no Rainbow, you said you had things to do. It's okay." Fluttershy smiled sweetly.
"No, I haven't been a very good friend to you lately. I mean, it's hard to hang out because our levels are so far a part, but I can still hang around you and help you, but instead I just left, all because of a stupid stallion..."
"What?"
"Nothing, I left for stupid reasons. And I'm sorry."
"Rainbow Dash, you don't seem so happy, what's going on?"
Rainbow Dash sighed. "Well, I think I kind of like--"
"Rainbow! Fluttershy!" Thunderstar called as she flew up to them. "Hey guys, I've been looking for you. Would you guys wanna join me for some lunch?"
"Oh, that sounds great, I'd love to." Fluttershy smiled.
"Um, yeah, lets get some grub." Rainbow smiled.
The three went to the large eating area where many pegasus were getting lunch.
"Um, Rainbow, what was it you were going to tell me before?" Fluttershy asked.
"Oh, um, I-I don't remember now.."
"Rainbow, you've been losing your cool lately, something is bothering you."
"No, I just felt bad for leaving you by yourself."
"It's okay though, and I made some new friends to talk to while you were gone. It's really nothing to trouble over."
Rainbow Dash looked at Fluttershy and smiled. "Okay, thanks Fluttershy."
"You're a very loyal friend Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy smiled back.
The three pegasus got some lunch and sat down at a table together. Rainbow Dash looked over and saw Soarin sitting next to Spitfire with other Cloudsdale Wonderbolts. Rainbow turned away and sighed.
After lunch Rainbow Dash was nervous. She couldn't stop thinking about her meet with Soarin. She didn't know what to tell him, and she knew he probably thought Spitfire was much cooler than her, and being so nervous, Rainbow felt even less cooler.
"Rainbow, are you okay?" Fluttershy asked.
"Yeah, I'm cool, I'm just thinking."
"Oh, okay, um, Blossomforth invited me to race with her, I hope you don't mind."
"No, that's okay, you'll just get back at me, I don't mind." Rainbow smiled.
"Well, okay, but you could join us, but I'm sure you'd rather have more of a challenge."