That Was A Date

Rainbow Dash caught up with Soarin and tagged him. She flew ahead and laughed of joy. Soarin smiled and flew up beside her tagging her shoulder.
"Hey, what are you doing up here? Get back there." Rainbow teased.
"Actually, you should get back there." Soarin said and he shot ahead of her. The two pegasus flew back and forth until they saw the camp ahead.
"First one to pass the flag pole wins!" Rainbow said. They two flew as fast as the could almost reaching a lightning speed and they both passed at the same time.
"Yes! I won!" Rainbow announced happily.
"Hate to seem rude, but I'm pretty sure I passed the flag first."
"No, I'm pretty sure a beat you by a second."
"You both tied." a voice said.
They were both shocked and looked to see Diamond Cloud flying up to them.
"I heard rushing like jets in the sky and came out to see what it was."
"Oh, hey Diamond Cloud..."
"So we tied?" Soarin asked.
"Yup. You both passed the flag pole...but...you both also passed curfew."
"Oh..." Rainbow said. They were both a little embarrassed.
"Come on Rainbow Dash." Diamond Cloud said.
"Uh, find me here tomorrow." Soarin said.
"Okay, thanks for all the fun." Rainbow smiled.
"You had fun?"
"Yes, of course, I really enjoyed this time with you." Rainbow Dash smiled and blushed.
"Me too,"
"Rainbow Dash," Diamond Cloud said again.
"See you tomorrow." Soarin smiled.
"See ya."
"So, you two just doing a Wonderbolt thing?" Diamond asked Rainbow Dash.
"Uh, yeah, yeah, and we kind of missed the time...sorry."
"That's okay. Now you know to remember for next time." Diamond smiled.
The next morning Rainbow Dash woke up with a bright happy smile.
"Good morning Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy smiled. "Did you sleep well?"
"Yes, I did. How 'bout you?"
"Yes, I had wonderful dreams about squirrels that became my best friends."
"Of...coarse you did." Rainbow smiled.
"How was the meeting?" Thunderstar said appearing.
"What? Oh, yeah, the meeting, it was good."
"Wanna tell me about it? I mean, I could use a nice review before I become a reserved Wonderbolt."
"Oh, well, it really wasn't much. Nothing too important."
"Well I still wanna know how it went." Thunderstar said slyly.
Well, we just met up in the lunch area, and...Well, Spitfire was just talking...And...I don't know, it wasn't about much really. Um, she was just checking on how the Wonderbolts are improving at camp. Nothing big." Rainbow Dash attempted to lie.
"Sounds like you weren't paying too much attention..."
"I was to! I'm just...tired. The meeting was longer than intended."
"What made it last so long?"
"I... I don't know, just, just...just leave me alone." and Rainbow Dash flew out of the camp site.
"Oops...I hope she isn't upset...but, it didn't sound like she knew what she was talking about, you know?" Thunderstar said to Fluttershy.
"I'll go see if I can talk to her." and Fluttershy flapped out the door.
She saw Rainbow Dash sitting by the flag pole.
"Rainbow Dash," she said flying up to her. "Is everything okay? Thunderstar didn't mean to make you upset."
"Yeah, I'm fine..." Rainbow Dash sighed. "There's just something I might want to tell you...or might not..."
"You know you can tell us anything..."
"Yeah, but..."
"Hey Rainbow Dash, sorry if I kept you waiting."
"Oh, no. Fluttershy kept me company anyway." Rainbow smiled.
"Great, and if you're not busy, I was wondering if you'd like to do some advanced courses with me." Soarin smiled.
"Gosh, really? Of coarse I would! Um, Fluttershy...Can I meet with you later?"
"Yeah, that's fine. I didn't know you had plans already. Sorry."
"No, that's okay, I just don't want to feel like I'm ditching you."
"Oh, well no, no you're not. Its fine really." Fluttershy smiled.
"Okay, thanks, we'll hang after lunch, okay?"
"Yeah, that's fine, I'll be with Blossomforth."
"Great, I'll catch ya later!" and she flew off with Soarin.
"I passed by a really cool obstacle that I thought we should try. It looks pretty complicating, but fun." Soarin smiled.
"Sounds awesome!" Rainbow said excited.
So they went to a big obstacle in the 16-18 level sections. "Wow..." Rainbow Dash said overwhelmed by the sight of the coarse.
"Lets try it and see who gets through it first." Soarin suggested.
"Yeah!" Rainbow agreed.
They raced into the obstacle and started right away. First was a flight through a strong wind current, next they had to go through rings in a right zigzag. After that was a crazy tube maze that ended at a line of cushioned boards that lashed out making the coarse hard to fly through. Rainbow Dash and Soarin both got hit once or twice...or thrice...but they still made it through, and the winner takes the little flag that stood on a cloud 30 feet from the ground.
The two got out at about the same time. They flew at a high speed to reach the flag. Rainbow Dash barely got their first. She grabbed the flag and yelled a "woo-hoo!" for herself.
"Yeah! I won that one with style!" Rainbow Dash said.
"Great job Rainbow Dash," Soarin congratulated. "But I still could've beat you. You just got lucky this time." He smirked.
"You only wish, I beat you fair and square." Rainbow Dash said tapping him with a hoof.
"I could beat in that, I just stumbled a little. You're the one who got lucky." Soarin smiled tapping her back.
"No, it was you." Rainbow Dash said bumping a shoulder to him.
"No, you." Soarin said bumping her back.
"No, you." Rainbow said giving him a push. Their back and forth disagreement and pushing went on until they got to another coarse.
"That one, I call a rematch." Soarin said pointing at another coarse.
"Fine, but don't think I'll go any easy on you." Rainbow smiled.
So, the rest of the morning they did courses and races until they went to lunch.
"Hey, will you sit with me and the other Wonderbolts?" Soarin asked.
"Whoa! Really!? I'd love to...wait..."
"If you were going to sit by you're other friends that's okay too."
"No, I mean, I'm sure they won't mind if I sit with you one time." Rainbow smiled.
"Well alright then. You're welcome to sit with the Wonderbolts." Soarin smiled linking and arm with her. Rainbow grinned happily at him and they flew to the lunch area.
The two got they lunch trays and Rainbow Dash excitedly flew to the Wonderbolt table.
"Hey guys, Rainbow Dash is going to sit with us." Soarin smiled.
"Next to me Dash." Spitfire smiled tapping the bench spot next to her. "Soarin's been telling me a lot about you lately, here you're really improving. Just like any Wonderbolt."
"Gosh, thanks Spitfire." Rainbow smiled happily.
Fluttershy, Blossomforth, and Thunderstar looked over at the Wonderbolt table surprised.
"Hey, she never said she was gonna sit by them." Thunderstar said.
"Well there's nothing wrong with that," Fluttershy said. "I wouldn't miss that chance of I were her."
"Yeah, me neither. I kinda wish I was her." Thunderstar said looking back at the table.
After lunch Rainbow Dash caught up with Fluttershy.
"Hey Fluttershy." she smiled.
"Hey Rainbow, how was sitting with the Wonderbolts?"
"Oh, um, really great! But uh, I didn't mean to leave you guys, I thought you wouldn't mind..."
"Oh, it's okay though. It was a great opportunity for you. I wouldn't have wanted you to miss that." Fluttershy smiled.
"Good, I'm glad you understand."
"Yeah, but what was it you were going to say to me this morning? Before Soarin came by?"
"Oh...o-oh yeah..." Rainbow said awkwardly.
"So what was it?"
"Well, I just...I don't know if I really want to tell you..."
"But you can tell me anything. Its usually easier to talk about it. I won't tell anyone."
"Um...okay...I...I have a crush on Soarin." Rainbow said quickly and quietly.
"What??"
"Don't make me say it again..." Rainbow whimpered.
"Sorry, you said a little too fast..."
"Okay...I...I have a huge crush on Soarin..."