Twisting The Feelings

Rainbow Dash dug her hooves into the soft, warm sand and slid herself down into it's warmth. "Ya know, relaxing like this isn't so bad."
"It's my favorite." Soarin smiled. "I love any beach. Especially when it's quiet like this; no other ponies around. It's so peaceful..."
"Yeah..." Rainbow tried to speak soft but sadness dread in her tone.
"You bothered Rainbow?"
"Soarin, why did you even want me to run away with you? Why did I leave such a stupid note for a great friend who I treated so bad? Why am I doing this?"
Soarin dropped his eyes. "I guess I was a bit selfish. I've been wanting to get away from everything... but not alone. And I guess convincing you to run away with me isn't helping any problems here."
"No kidding it isnt." Rainbow scowled and turned to walk away from him.
"Rainbow, you're not mad at me are you? I didn't mean for any of this..."
"Soarin, I did want to get away. I ran away from my problem instead of facing it. I could've easily said no to you. Fluttershy needs me. I was the idiot who made a dumb choice. I have to go back and really fix it."
"Do you not want me to come with..?"
"You'll just distract me." Rainbow said walking passed him. She drew out her wings and took off. Soaring just watched her with sad eyes until she was out of sight.
Rainbow Dash didn't get very far from the small beach when she stopped to see Fluttershy flying towards her. Rainbow stared wide-eyed and shocked. Fluttershy reached Rainbow and they both hovered there. Rainbow stared at Fluttershy's cold expression as her teeth gripped what she knew was the letter. Fluttershy carelessly spit it out and let in float down to the ground. She never broke her sharp gaze with Rainbow Dash.
They stared for a long time until Rainbow took a deep breath.
"Just let me have it already..." She said softly.
Fluttershy waited a moment before speaking. "Rainbow Dash... you're a complete idiot."
Rainbow was surprised that that was the first thing she said, but let her go on.
"Yes you tend to have a tramendous ego, yes you kept ditching on me to be with your crush, and yes, it all did start to hurt me. You haven't been treating me right lately. And you know what else!?"
Rainbow was actually scared for what she might say next.
"You're mostly an idiot for thinking I'd just be okay with you walking out of my life over a few common mistakes. Your ego never stopped you from sticking up for me, and I know deep down you hated ditching me, but your heart just wanted to be with Soarin. I get it. I get all of it. I know you really care about me Rainbow Dash. And I really care about you. Once you and Soarin are official, if you're not already, I know you'll cut back and save more time for friends. As much as I felt left out of things, I still knew it was okay. That's why I never got upset with you!"
Rainbow stared. "But... you're clearly upset with me now..."
"That's because the way you're seeing this is stupid! Your letter was stupid! Stop being so stupid Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy was breathing heavily but soon calmed herself with having said everything she needed to. Rainbow Dash felt speechless.
Down below Soarin was walking and saw the letter sitting in the dirt. He looked up and saw Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy through the bit if mist in the air.
"You're at least right when you called me stupid... I'm so full of myself. And so caught up in feelings I don't understand... Fluttershy how could you stand me as a friend?"
"Because besides the emotions, you're a good one. Like it or not, you're in love Rainbow Dash, and that's part of the reason why you don't understand your feelings lately. I don't want you to not be my friend."
Rainbow was still struck by everything she kept saying. She dropped her eyes and noticed Soarin looking up at them.
"Go tell him."
"What?" Rainbow's voice cracked.
"Go tell Soarin that you are in love with him."