A Spark

"Oooohh! Really? How sweet!" Fluttershy squealed.
"Yeah, blah blah great, but you can't tell any pony about it."
Fluttershy giggled. "I won't."
"Come on, lets go race or something." Rainbow said blushing.
Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash hung out for the rest of the day until it was nearing sun down.
"Today sure was fun." Rainbow smiled.
"It sure was." Fluttershy agreed.
"Yo, Rainbow." Soarin said flying up to the two mares. He held out a hoof and Rainbow have him a high hoof.
"Hey Soarin, what's up?" Rainbow smiled.
"Well, a bit busy actually, but could we possibly hang out some time later tomorrow? And I promise I won't get us in trouble this time." he smile.
"Okay, sounds great!" Rainbow smiled.
"Awesome, I better get going now, see you around Rainbow Dash." Soarin smiled as he began to fly off.
"Later Soarin!" Rainbow waved.
"Lucky you," Fluttershy giggled. "You two sure do hang out a lot."
"Well... We're just good friends..."
"What Do you guys do?"
"Well, just flying stuff..."
"Is that it?" Fluttershy teased.
"Yes. We don't do anything like what you're thinking." Rainbow said firmly.
Fluttershy laughed. "I'm just kidding."
"Good..." Rainbow said finally giving her a smile, and they went back to their camp cite.
"Hey, where were you guys?" Thunderstar asked.
"We were just finishing up some practice. Then it got late, and, we didn't catch the time." Fluttershy explained.
"Oh, so, how was it?" Thunderstar asked.
"Fun, Fluttershy sure is improving." Rainbow said.
"Did you see Soarin at all?"
Rainbow Dash yawned. "I'm pretty tired though. I'm gonna go hit the hay." and she walked to her bed.
"Rainbow, you didn't answer my question!" Thunderstar said flying up to her.
"We can talk tomorrow. I'm sleeping now." Rainbow said laying down. Fluttershy started to giggle and Rainbow turned her head giving her a look.
"Good night Rainbow Dash." she smiled.
The next morning Rainbow Dash left the camp site early...On purpose. Ignoring Thunderstar because she knew what question she'd ask right away.
Rainbow flew high up in the sky. She flew above every pony so she could speed around without the trouble of possibly hurting some pony.
She flew around until another fast pony sped passed her. Rainbow halted as did the other pony. It was Spitfire who turned and gave her a smile.
"Practicing early, huh Rainbow Dash?"
"Yeah, you bet." Rainbow smiled.
"You know, I've never seen a flying like you before. I really learn some things from you."
"Really? You do?"
"Yeah, you're fast, and loyal, and always seem to know what you're doing."
"Gosh, thanks.." Rainbow Dash blushed.
"So, you must take a big interest in Soarin..."
"What?" Rainbow asked a little surprised.
"You and him seem to hang out a lot, and he sure does bring you up in conversation a lot."
"Really? He does? What does he say about me."
"Oh you know, about how you're as good as any Wonderbolt, and how you're such a fast pony. Basically just some extra bragging for you." Spitfire smiled.
Rainbow Dash smiled satisfied. "Wow, I mean, how nice of him, yeah, he's really cool too."
Spitfire laughed. "I'll catch you around, and make sure you're ready for Soarin's excitement later."
"What do you mean by that?"
"He said you two are hangin' out today, and he seems pretty pumped about it."
"Oh, cool, I mean, I'm excited too, I mean, uh, I better go too, later Spitfire."
Rainbow Dash flew off feeling a little awkward. She tried to act cool and not show any signs of having the hots for Soarin.
"Rainbow!" Thunderstar said flying up in her path.
"Thunderstar, hey, uh, what's up?"
Thunderstar looked angry. "You ran off so that I wouldn't ask anything about Soarin. You're hiding something from me! I'm not stupid!"
"Okay! Fine! Look, I'm sorry, but I don't like sharing things like this, even with my closest friends."
"So, that means you have a crush on Soarin?"
"Yep." Rainbow said flatly.
"Ha-Hoo! I knew it!"
"If you knew then why did you keep asking about it?"
"I just wanted to hear you admit it." Thunderstar smiled slyly at her. Rainbow gave her a look saying that she wasn't amused.
"What ever. Lets just to practice flying or something..." Rainbow said flying off. Thunderstar followed.
"So... Are you gonna hang with Soarin at all today? I know you enjoy lunch and meetings with him." Thunderstar said slyly.
"Thunderstar...Just shut up..."
She only laughed. "Come on, you know I'm just teasing you."
"His and I might meet later. I don't know."
At lunch, Soarin invited Rainbow Dash to sit with the Wonderbolts again. Rainbow Dash looked over at her table and saw Fluttershy sitting all by herself.
"Um...uh..."
"So, you sitting with us?" Soarin asked again.
"Oh, um, of course, duh." she smiled. She nervously looked back at Fluttershy. She felt something pulling on her inside. She only felt a little better when Thunderstar and Blossomforth came and sat with her.
After lunch, Soarin followed Rainbow Dash into the sky.
"Hey Rainbow, wait up." Soarin said flying up to her side.
"Oh, hey Soarin." she smiled.
"Hi, so, are we still gonna hang out tonight?"
"Oh, yeah, of course. Wouldn't miss it for the world." Rainbow smiled all cool.
"Great, I'm so glad we get to have time to do stuff together."
Rainbow laughed. "Yeah, me too."