Special Events

Rainbow Dash paced back and forth on her hooves in front of her camp cite. It was nearing four 'o clock and Soarin hadn't shown yet.
"Man, what if he doesn't come?" Rainbow said worried. "But what if he does come?" she said a little more worried. "What will I say, I don't even understand why I asked him to meet with me in the first place..."
It was 15 minutes passed four now and Soarin still wasn't there.
"Maybe he's just running late. Being a Wonderbolt he's probably always so busy..." Rainbow Dash frowned. Time went by and by and there was no sigh of Soarin.
"Did he forget? Did I actually even ask him? Or am I just thinking I did...No, I'm pretty sure I asked him to meet here at four......and it's almost five..." Rainbow Dash dropped her head and went inside her camp cite.
Diamond Cloud walked passed and saw Rainbow Dash curled up in her bed. "What's the meaning on this Rainbow Dash? Why aren't you out flying?"
"Well, I don't want to know where a certain friend is." Rainbow said still facing the wall.
"Why not?"
"A Wonderbolt stood me up."
"Oh dear, well, they are busy little bees sometimes. Perhaps your friend was doing something like that."
"But don't you think he would have told me?" Rainbow said finally turning around.
"Well, I don't know. Wonderbolts don't always have a lot of time. I'm sure it's nothing personal."
"Hmm, I hope not." Rainbow grumbled a little.
The next day Rainbow Dash left with Fluttershy to help her out and give advise for flying. They went to a free coarse where they could just fly around a track for fun. There were only a few other pegasus there.
"Alright Fluttershy, lets see what you got. You fly at your fastest and I'll fly along with you."
"Got it," Fluttershy said with her sweet smile.
Rainbow Dash could tell that Fluttershy had improved her speed a little.
"Doing good Fluttershy, try to stay a little straighter."
"Okay," Fluttershy said back.
"Rainbow Dash!!!" a voice called. Rainbow looked over and saw Soarin, she tried to ignore him.
"Rainbow Dash!!!!"
"I'm kinda busy right now!" Rainbow called back.
The two pegasus eventually got tired out and left the coarse. "Why didn't you go by Soarin? I would've been fine." Fluttershy said as they walked.
"I wasn't gonna leave you like that, besides, whatever he wanted I'm sure wasn't that important."
"Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash, I need to talk to you." Soarin said flying up to them.
"I'll leave you guys to talk." Fluttershy said.
"Wait, Fluttershy!" But she was already gone.
"Could I please speak with you Rainbow Dash?"
"What for? You couldn't yesterday!" Rainbow said getting angry.
"That's what I need to talk to you about. Please let me explain."
"You stood me up!" Rainbow shouted in his face.
"I know, but I didn't mean it,"
Rainbow Dash turned away from him. Soarin sighed. "Look, I understand that you're angry, I wanted to tell you sooner, but I didn't have the chance...I had a short notice meeting with some of the Wonderbolts. I wanted to tell you I wouldn't make it, but I didn't have the time to look for you...I'm really sorry..."
Rainbow Dash thought a moment and sighed, turning around. "Okay...Sorry for getting so upset with you..."
Soarin smiled. "That's okay, and thanks. I'd like to make it up to you. We'll meet at the fly pole for a date."
"A-a what??"
"A-ah... I meant like, an important...hang out...Not a date, just a special event...Get what I'm saying?"
"Um, yeah, I get it. Haha..." Rainbow blushed.
"Okay, can we meet later, around seven? I know for sure that I'll be available by then."
"Yeah, that works. I'll see you then I guess."
"Yeah, and thanks for giving me another chance."
"Yeah...You're welcome..." Rainbow smiled.
Rainbow Dash went to the camp site with a big smile. "Rainbow? Did it go well?" Fluttershy asked.
"Uh, what, did what go well?"
"Your talk with Soarin."
"Oh yeah, just, Wonderbolt stuff." Rainbow said trying to hide her happy smile.
"That's great, but um...what were you really talking about?"
"Uh, what do you mean? I just told you."
"Oh please," Thunderstar butted in. "I know you two have a thing going on. What, did he give you a flower? A kiss?"
"What? Gross, no! He just invited me to, to a Wonderbolt meeting later tonight... He said Spitfire wanted me to be there." Rainbow Dash lied.
"Well that must be so exciting." Fluttershy smiled.
"It is, I can't wait to find out what it's like."
"Hmm, he'll come on to you eventually." Thunderstar said closing her eyes.
Later on Rainbow Dash was licking her hoof and rubbing it through her hair.
"You look fine, I'm sure Soarin thinks you're beautiful." Thunderstar teased.
"This isn't about Soarin! It's about looking nice for the Wonderbolts!"
"Soarin is a Wonderbolt." Thunderstar smiled slyly.
Rainbow Dash gave her a flat look.
"Hope it all goes well Rainbow. You should get going now." Fluttershy said.
"Yeah, you're right, bye guys!" And she dashed out the door.
Rainbow Dash landed by the flag pole. She looked herself over and smiled. Not many other pegasus were going about and twilight came around. Rainbow was a little bit worried until her heart jumped at the sound of wings flapping.
She looked over and saw Soarin's smile. She smiled at him happily. "Hey Soarin."
"Hey Rainbow Dash, glad you're here. I'm still really sorry for yesterday."
"Its okay, you didn't mean it. So, what are we gonna do?"
"Well... What exactly do you like to do?"
"I don't care, you decide."
"Well, I did make plans for us but I didn't know if you'd enjoy it."
"I bet I will. What are we doing first?"
"Well, you hungry?"
"Actually I am pretty hungry."
"Great, I know a nice place we can eat. It's not the fanciest place, but it's the fanciest around." Soarin smiled as they started to fly.
"That's okay, I'm not all big in fancy anyway."
Soarin laughed. "Well that's good. Hey, you're not too cold are you?"
"No, I'm fine. The scarf is good enough."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, I don't even feel cold." Rainbow smiled.
Soarin smiled back. "Okay, just let me know, I don't want you feeling uncomfortable in any way."
Rainbow Dash laughed. "I won't be, you're almost too nice."
"I'm sorry, I'd just hate to make you upset."
Rainbow Dash gave him a happy smile. His cheeks turned pink as he smiled back.
The two pegasus reached a happy little restaurant and went inside. They were greeted by a beautiful light pink pegasus with light blue and white hair. "Table for two?" she asked.
"Yep." Soarin smiled.
"Right this way please." and the sweet pony brought them to a window seat table. "Here are your menu's and I'll be back a bit."
"So, is this okay?" Soarin asked.
"Soarin, you're gonna get annoying. It's fine."
"I'm sorry Rainbow Dash, I just feel so bad for what I did." Soarin said dropping his head.
"Soarin, you just didn't have the chance to tell me about the meeting. It makes sense and I've forgiven you, it's in the past."
"Yeah...but I thought you'd hate me for it."
"Only if you did it on purpose." Rainbow said looking at her menu. She looked up at him and gave him a look before he was about to speak.
"What?"
"You didn't ditch me on purpose, did you?"
"No Rainbow, I could never do such a thing to you. We've become great friends since you became a reserved Wonderbolt. I couldn't do that to you."
Rainbow Dash smiled. "Okay, I'd never do something like that on purpose either."
Soarin smiled and they got back to their menu's. They each ordered different meats and Soarin had an apple pie on the side.
"Man, that was good." Rainbow Dash smiled satisfied. "Say, who's paying?"
"Me of course, what kind of gentle pony would I be of I wasn't paying." Soarin said. Rainbow Dash couldn't help but laugh at him. So Soarin pairs and the left the restaurant.
"Hey, wanna race back to camp?" Rainbow asked.
"You're on," Soarin smiled. The two started off fast and flew through the night. Rainbow Dash bursted ahead and looped around. Soarin admired the rainbow she left in the sky. He flew through it and caught up with her.
"Hey Rainbow," He smiled as he flew passed her.
"Hey, I don't think so!" she smiled. Soarin laughed as he flew ahead.