*6

It's Sunday and I'm helping my mom in the kitchen.I was cutting up the vegetables while she mix the ingredients for her pie.Casey and Sidney are having dinner with us,they will be coming soon.

"So how's your relationship with Casey?".mom ask.

"What do you mean?"i ask.

"Like are you guys friends or more than friends".

"Just friends,nothing more why?".

"Nothing,why don't you ask him out?".She ask and I sighed.

"I'm not gay,why do you want me to be with him so badly?".

"Coz,I've always wanted a gay son".she smile.

"No surprise there".i roll my eyes.

"And you say you aren't gay but your mind is".i stop cutting.

"What do you mean?".

"Have you seen your baby pictures".

"Some,the ones you showed me".

"You have a box of your baby stuff in the basement,your princess backpack,your pink Barbie blouse,blue and pink brush and the night light I bought you,your father bought a batman one but you cried that you wanted a hello kitty until I bought it".

"I was a baby".i pointed out

"You were 8".

"Well I don't remember".

"Get the baking tin for me,I'm just saying you should leave that apple girl and be with Casey.Its obvious you like him.I never really liked Apple".i handed her the tin.

"I did leave Apple but I'm not with Casey,I tried to tell him that I liked him yesterday but he didn't get it".

"you have to understand that he haven't had many experience to the world,try watching a romance movie with him".

The door bell rang and I wash my hands and went to the door.I opened it to see Sidney and I frowning Casey.

"Hi Malik,how are you?".Sidney ask and I step aside for them to come in.

"I'm good but looks like someone is a little upset".i look at Casey who walked past us.

"He's fine just not in a good mood".

"Oh okay".

We walked into the kitchen where my mom was pouring her ingredients into the baking tin.

"Hey Sidney just in time,I'm starting my chocolate cake next".

"Oh I wanna help".Sidney said and dance over to my mom and they both laugh.

I smile and went into the living room where Casey was switching through the channels.I sat beside him and he look at me but turn back to the tv.

"What is like?".he ask looking at the tv.

"What?".i ask when he looked at me.

"To hear,what is like to hear,I don member".he turn to me with tears filled eyes."I can not know someone talkin til I see them.I can not know the rado on til I touch it,all I hear is silence,fuckin silence".

I stared at him in shock,my heart ache but the shock feeling came first.He just swear and he didn't even seem to mind,I minded though.

"You can not try to explain coz I won't catch so much words so just let it go".He huff and got up.

I followed behind him and he went through the back door,laying in the grass in the huge back yard.I laid Beside him and turn to  face him.

"What do you sound like?".