I Love Your Stutter, You Hate It

CHAPTER FOUR

Louis's POV

"T-thank you for l-l-loving me Zayn-zaynie," I whisper, clinging onto him. He's not leaving me like everyone else did.
"I wouldn't trade loving you for the world." He takes my face in his hands again and I lean into his touch.
I smile softly as he gently peppers my face with kisses.
"I l-love you so m-much. Pl-please don't leave m-me," I cry.
He shakes his head and I see his eyes water a bit. "Never. I'll never leave you beautiful."
He brings me to his chest and rocks me back and forth slowly. He begins to sing softly:

"Truly, madly, deeply I am
Foolishly, completely falling
And somehow you kicked all my walls in
So baby say you'll always keep me
Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you..." He sings. His voice is amazing and I join in, creating a harmony.

"I hope I'm not a casualty
I hope you won't get up and leave
Might not mean that much to you
But to me it's everything
Everything...

"Truly, madly, deeply I am
Foolishly, completely falling
And somehow you kicked all my walls in
So baby say you'll always keep me

(A/N: Zayn is singing the stuff in the parentheses)

Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love (in love)
With you (with you)
In love (in love)
With you (with you)
In love (in love)
With you (with you)," we finish and I cuddle into his warm, inviting, chest.
"Y-you have an a-a-amazing singing voice Z-zayn," I say.
"Thanks beautiful, you do too."
I smile and pull away. I take both of his hands in mine and just stare at our interlocked fingers. Zayn leans in and kisses the corner of my lips. I blush and pull him closer. Our chests touch and our noses brush. Our eyelids close and we press our lips together gingerly and we moved our hands to their previous spots: mine resting on his back under his shirt and his thumbs through my belt loops. Our lips move together and I can tell he has had experience... Unlike me. I pull away and blush.
"I-I don't kn-know how to do th-this..." I run my hands down my face.
"It's okay Lou, you just need practi- What is THAT?" He grabs my wrist and I flinch away from him. Oh no. He's going to hurt me. He's going to leave me.
"I-I'M SORRY ZAYN PL-PLEASE DON'T HURT M-ME!" I scream, cowering away.
He looks confused but then a look of realization rushes over his face.
"No, no, no Lou... I won't hurt you. I'm sorry, shh... Baby come here..." Zayn pleads. I slowly stand back up and flinch as he reaches out to me and I take my coin out of my pocket and take shaky breaths. He looks hurt and he lowers his hand. "Louis I would never hurt you, please understand that," he cries.
My lips trembles and tears slip down my cheeks. "I-I'm sorry..." I walk into his arms. He hugs me softly and I press my lips to his neck.
"Louis? Do you um... Do you hurt yourself?" Zayn asks cautiously.
"...Y-yes..." I mumble against his warm skin. I rest my lips on his neck, just feeling him against me.
"Can I see?"
"S-sure..." I murmur. I slowly pull away from his inviting skin and hold out my arm. I close my eyes and turn my head as he rolls up my loose sleeve.
"Lou..." He breathes. "You need to stop this."
"Z-zayn I can't... You h-ha-have no idea how h-hard it is to st-stop," I whimper.
"Oh really? Look Louis."
I open my eyes and look at him. He slides his sleeves up and shows me his arms. I see hundreds of faint red lines all up his arms. He lifts up his shirt and there are more faint lines. He puts his shirt back down (sadly) and takes my hands as tears roll down my face.
"Yours aren't as bad as mine. You can stop before it gets like this." He leans down and kisses my arm, going over each little scar. "I love you Louis. So, so, so much. I'll help you stop this. Let me help you." He caresses my face and I lean into his touch. His golden eyes stare into my boring blues and I look at his chest. I sigh and nod.
"O-okay," I whisper.
"Thank you beautiful. Now where were we?"
I blush and wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. I move my lips against his and he does the same. His lips are soft and I can't get enough of them. We continue to move our lips together in perfect sync and after a few minutes we pull away, breathless.
"I knew you could figure it out." Zayn winks at me and kisses my forehead.
I smile and hold his hand. "S-sorry about e-ea-earlier."
"It's fine babe, I need to be a little more gentle."
"N-no, you're fi-fi-fine, I need to be n-normal, I'll w-wo-wor-work on it."
"You don't need to be normal. That's what I love about you."
"G-god I hate my st-st-stu-stut-stutter. It seems l-li-like it's getting w-wo-worse."
"I love your stutter, but if you really hate it, then I can help you with it."
"T-thank you so much Z-zayn. I'm really grate-grate-grate-grateful for everything you're do-doing for me."
"Hey, that's what boyfriends do." He winks at me. "Wanna go to the park?"
"S-sure!" I drop his hand and put on my Toms. He slides on his shoes and grabs my hand again. We walk out of his house and towards the park. Once we get there, Zayn bends down.
"Hop on babe."
"Uh... O-o-okay?" I jump onto his back and he hold my legs. I wrap my arms around his neck loosely and he starts running around. "Z-zayn? What are y-you doing?" I laugh. He starts to spin and I squeal. Soon we end up on the ground. We're laughing loudly and people are looking at us funny. We ignore them and continue laughing. This boy will be the death of me.