Can't Live Without You

CHAPTER TEN

Louis's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.
My eyes open slowly and I blink at the bright lights. Beep. Beep. Beep. A sharp pain in my head makes me cry out. A nurse walks in.
"Well, hello Mr. Tomlinson! It's good to see you're awake. How's your head feeling?" Her loud voice chirps.
I wince. "Em... Like sh-shit." I mumble. The memories of yesterday come rushing back. Zayn cheated on me with Perrie- Another memory comes swooping into my brain.
'My eyelids flutter open and I squint at the sudden appearance of light flashing into my pupils. I find myself staring at a tattoo covered caramel chest. I look up and see that there is a soft purple mark hidden near Zayn's ear. Did I do that? I don't remember giving Zayn a love bite, but I probably did at some point without realizing it.'
That slut did it. He was lying to me for five months... More than that. Tears stream down my cheeks.
"Oh, sweetie... I know it hurts, it's going to hurt for a while, you really damaged your skull."
I sigh. "It's not m-my head..."
"Oh?"
"My um... My b-boyfriend has been ch-cheating on me for um... For more than fi-five months." I cry. She rubs my back.
"I'm so sorry love, I know it's hard. It'll all get better. You'll find someone that really loves you, like the boy who keeps asking me about you." She chuckles.
"Wh-what does he look like?"
"He has the most gorgeous brown eyes, black hair and he's very tan as well." She nods, smiling a little.
I burst into tears and she gasps.
"Sweetheart, what is it?"
"That's him! Th-that's my b-boyfriend..."
"Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry, please excuse me." She pats my leg and walks out of the room.
The boys all run in, but not Zayn. I can see him getting yelled at by the nurse that was just in here through the blinds.
"Hey g-g-g-guys..." I sniff.
"Hi Lou," Liam says softly, hugging me.
"H-hi Li."
He pulls away and sits on the edge of the bed.
We all turn our heads to the blinds where we see Zayn yelling at the nurse. She crosses her arms and shakes her head. Tears are streaming down Zayn's face.
"HE'S MY BOYFRIEND! I LOVE HIM! I NEED TO SEE HIM!" He screams. He tries to push through her and he grabs onto the door handle. He rips open the door. He stares at me. There are tears running down his flawless skin. There are red circles around the golden brown eyes I've learned to love, and now hate.
"L-Lou," he croaks out. "Please..."
The boys look at me to see what I do next. I look between them and Zayn. My eyes lock onto Zayn's.
"I l-loved you Zayn." I say.
He falls to his knees. "N-no. Lou please."
"Perrie can um... G-give you more than I-I can."
"She's gone Lou, please, I can't live without you."
My heart breaks once again, only for him this time. I shake my head.
"Yes you c-can. L-l-l-leave Zayn."
He makes a whimpering noise. "Where are you going to stay Louis? Huh? Are you going to go back to your dad?" He stands up.
"I don't kn-know, I'll figure it out though-"
"He's living with me." Liam interrupts, standing up as well.
"Do you really think he's going to live with you?" Zayn walks to Liam and they're face to face now, only inches apart.
"Well he's not living with you." Liam snaps.
"He loves me!"
"He hates you Zayn! Absolutely hates you!"
"Sh-shut up you two!" I scream, clutching my head. Zayn rushes to my side.
"Are you okay love?"
"Don't call me th-that!" I push him away.
"You'll be mine again, Lou. I love you so, so much." He kisses my forehead and my heart pounds.
"Get out. N-now." I say sternly.
He bites his lip harshly but never the less leaves the room quietly. The door shuts with a soft click and I watch as Zayn falls to his knees, his head in his hands. His body shakes with sobs and I turn away from him, my heart aching to run to him. I let out a shaky breath and run my hands down my face.
"I wish this never happened... I love him so much..." I cry as Niall rubs my back.
The boys stay silent while I cry, occasionally rubbing my back or telling me it's going to be okay.
"Visiting hours are over boys, it's time for you to go home." The nurse smiles sadly at us. The boys all kiss my forehead and rub my shoulder, saying their goodbyes. I whisper soft goodnights to them and sink back into the pillows, sighing.

Zayn's POV

"Get out. Now." He says, pointing to the door. My heart shatters, and I leave the room. I close the door softly and then collapse to the floor, ignoring the strange looks from people. I sob into my hands and let all my emotions out.
I love Louis so much. Perrie was just... She didn't mean anything to me. I don't know why I did that. I've lost the man I love and I don't think I'll be getting him back.