Hospitals, Snuggles and Diamonds

CHAPTER EIGHT

Zayn's POV

I finish getting ready for school and I watch his sleeping figure as his chest rises and falls. His delicate figures are relaxed and his lips are parted slightly. Small puffs of air are being exhaled from his mouth. I need to wake him up but I don't want to disturb him. I slowly lean down and kiss his lips very gently. His eyes slowly open and reveal the beautiful baby blues I love so much. He moans and rolls over.
"It's Monday love, you need to get ready for school." I give a sweet kiss behind his ear.
"Nooo..." He whines.
"You need to babe."
"Sing to me..."
"If I sing to you will you get up?"
"Sure."
I roll my eyes and begin to sing.
"Oh yeah, oh yeah
I've been looking under rocks and breaking locks
Just tryna find ya
I've been like a maniac insomniac,
Five steps behind ya
Tell them other girls, they can hit the exit
Check please...
Cause I finally found the man of my dreams
Much more than a Grammy award,
That's how much you mean to me

"You could be my it boy
Baby you're the shit boy
Lovin' you could be a crime
Crazy how we fit boy,
This is it boy
Give me 25 to life
I just wanna rock all night long,
And put you in the middle of my spotlight
You could be my it boy
You're my biggest hit boy

"Let me play it loud
Let me play it loud like...
Oh oh oh oh [x2]
Let me play it loud
Let me play it loud like...
Oh oh oh oh [x2]
Let me play it loud

"You can't help but turn them heads
Knockin' them dead
Dropping like flies around you
If I get your body close not letting go
Hoping you're about to
Tell them other guys they can lose your number
You're done!
They don't get another shot cause you're love drunk!
Like a TV show playing re-runs
Every chance I get,
I'm a turn you on

"You could be my it boy
Baby you're the shit boy
Lovin' you could be a crime
Crazy how we fit boy
This is it boy
Give me 25 to life
I just wanna rock all night long
And put you in the middle of my spotlight
You could be my it boy
You're my biggest hit boy

"Let me play it loud
Let me play it loud like...
Oh oh oh oh [x2]
Let me play it loud
Let me play it loud like...
Oh oh oh oh [x2]
Let me play it loud,"

I look down at Lou and he's smiling widely. I continue.

"Can't seem to stop you from running, running
Through my, through my mind, mind
Just keep it coming, coming
'Til I make you mine, mine
You've got that something, something
I wanna be with boy (wanna be with boy)
You're my greatest hit boy (greatest hit boy)
Just say this is it boy..."

I finish and Louis's jaw drops. I blush.
"Hi?"
"B-babe you're amazing." Louis kisses my lips.
"Thanks love." I kiss his nose. "Now get that beautiful ass out of bed, I'm already ready."
"Pushy, p-pushy. God." He rolls off the bed and hits the ground with a thump. "O-owww!" He whines. "Zaynieeeee..." I see his hands from the other side of the bed. "C-come help meeee..."
I sigh and walk over to him. I pick up my boyfriend and kiss his lips.
"Go get ready love."
He groans and trudges off to the bathroom. I hear the shower running and I soon hear his angelic voice ringing through the room. I listen to him sing. I sing along and wait for him to exit the bathroom.
All of a sudden I hear a scream and a loud thud. I run into the unlocked room.
"Lou? Are you okay?"
There's a soft whimper and I pull open the shower door. I find Louis laying on the floor and blood oozing from his forehead.
"Shit," I whisper, turning off the water. I jump in the shower. "Hey, hey, hey! Louis? Angel?" I pick up his bare body and run out of the bathroom. I throw some clothes on him and begin driving quickly to the nearest hospital.
"Z, it h-hurts..." Louis cries.
"I know love, hang in there." I press the pedal down harder.
"Z..." Louis begins to sob.
"Love we're almost there," I tell him.
I hear his heavy breathing and he begins to hiccup.
At a red light I look in the back seat and check on him. He's lying down and trying not to cry. I reach back and rub my thumb over his hand. I look forward again and wait for the light to turn green. Once it does I speed forward and towards the hospital. We reach it and I park the car. I fly out of the driver's seat and open the door to where Lou is. I gently pull him out and kick the door shut. Louis's forehead is bleeding badly and his eyelids are beginning to droop. I continue running to the hospital entrance. I rip open the door and run into the building.
"I need help, please, someone!" I yell, looking around frantically. A nurse appears and I wave my foot around to get her arse over here. She jogs over.
"What's happened?"
"My boyfriend was in the shower and I think he fell and he hit his forehead somewhere and it's bleeding really bad and his eyes are really droopy and-"
"Sir, I need you to calm down, come with me."
I follow the nurse and I set Louis down on a table. The nurse looks at Louis's cut and I sit behind Louis so he doesn't fall backwards. I kiss his neck.
"You're doing great love." I murmur.
His eyes are so close to closing, but he forces himself to keep them parted.
"I-I'm so-so tired Z..."
"I know love, but we can't sleep yet."
"I'm f-falling asleep Zaynie..."
"I know, just keep your mind busy angel. You're doing really good babe."
He takes a deep breath a releases it. I kiss him behind his ear and he sighs.
"Why is he falling asleep?" I ask.
"He's probably had a lot of stress the last couple of days and now that an injury has occurred, it has broken the barrier and put a load of stress on him both physically and mentally, so he is exhausted."
The nurse begins to give him stitches and Louis holds my hand. He whimpers and bites his lip harshly. I reach up to make him stop biting his lip. I squeeze his hand tightly and kiss the back of his head.
The nurse finishes up and Louis is almost completely asleep. His eyes are closed and every once and a while he will peek through his heavy lids.
"Okay, Mr. Tomlinson, you are done! Come back in a few weeks so we can check on you okay?"
Louis mumbles some incoherent words and I kiss his cheek.
"You two are so cute!" The nurse says, smiling at us.
"Thanks, that means a lot," I return the smile and look at Louis's face. He peers out from under his eyelids and gives me a small smile. I brush some of his damp hair out of his eyes.
"You can go to sleep now Lou." I kiss his nose and he falls right asleep, unconsciously cuddling into my chest. I smile at him and stand up. "Thank you so much ma'am."
"No problem, my pleasure."
I walk out of the room with a sleeping Louis in my arms. I exit the hospital and enter the parking lot. Once we get to my car, I lay Louis across the backseat and climb into the driver's seat. I pull out of the parking lot and drive back to my house.
I reach the small building and carry Louis inside. I pull off our shoes and walk upstairs. I lay Louis down on the bed and kiss his lips, lying next to him. I pull the covers over our bodies. Louis scoots closer to me and I wrap my arms around his body.
"I love you..." I whisper.
"............. I l-love you too." Louis answers after a while. I kiss his cheek and smile as he rubs at his eyes.
"Go to sleep love, I know all of this shit with your dad has been stressing you out and now this has hurt you, so you need sleep." I cup his cheek with my hand. Louis rests his hand on top of mine and slides his fingers between mine, showing the dramatic difference in skin color. He lifts up my hand and studies it. I watch Louis's eyes as he moves his eyes across my palm and to the back of my hand. Suddenly, his eyes get a worried look. He looks up to my eyes and then looks away quickly. He does this several times.
"Lou, what's wrong?"
"... I-I uh... Pl-please don't be mad a-at me."
"Why would I be mad at you love?" I ask.
"Be-because I got blood in your car." He flinches away from me and waits for some kind of hit.
I laugh and Lou turns around.
"I don't care, Lou," I smile and kiss his lips. "All that matters is that you're okay."
"But-"
"I don't care Lou, it's fine."
I give him Eskimo kisses and he relaxes into my arms. He takes a deep breath and sighs into my chest. He looks up at me with his beautiful blue eyes and smiles. I wish I could take a picture of his face right now. His eyes are shining and he looks so flawless and happy and perfect in every way.
"You're so beautiful." I stare at his gorgeous face and he blushes.
I lean in and kiss his nose.
"Y-you're not much better. You look like God p-pooped you out Himself."
I laugh loudly and he giggles. I stop and make my face serious.
"Does that mean I look like a giant turd?"
We burst out laughing. He taps my nose with his finger. "Y-yes," he giggles.
I grab his finger and kiss it.
"W-weirdo."
"You love it." I kiss his nose.
"Yes, I d-do. So so so s-so much." Louis smiles and hugs me.
"What's your favorite thing to do, love?"
"Spend ti-time with you and sing." Louis kisses the tattoo on my collarbone and looks up at me.
"Can you sing for me?" I ask.
"Y-yeah, sure." He smiles. "This is 'Anything For You' b-by Brendan James."
He clears his throat and begins to form words into music.

"I woke up early from my bed
With a secret in my head
In the back of my backyard
I keep a spaceship in the shed

I lit the engine and took the sky
From up here it looks so nice
I didn't stop until the moon, where I picked a flower just for you

And I fell down to you in a parachute
of newspaper rubber bands, tape, and glue
So you would see I would do anything for you
Anything for you

I didn't want to wake you up,
so I put the flower in a cup
On the floor next to your bed
Without a sound I laid my head

Drifted off into a dream
Of what has been and what could be
I saw your tears, I saw you fall
But I saw us rise, I saw it all

And I fell down to you in a parachute
of newspaper rubber bands, tape, and glue
So you would see I would do anything for you
Anything for you

And I never want you to know
All of the lengths I'll go
To find where the flowers grow

Love is never supposed to be
A present under our tree
I do it because I believe

And I fell down to you in a parachute
of newspaper rubber bands, tape, and glue
So you would see I would do anything for you
Anything

And I fell down to you in a parachute
of newspaper rubber bands, tape, and glue
So you would see I would do anything for you
Anything for you..."

Louis smiles up at me. I hug him tightly.
"I-I love you Z..."
"I love you too Lou."
He pushes his head into my neck. I kiss his hair. His body goes limp and I look down. He has fallen asleep. I smile and snuggle closer to him, falling asleep.

Five months later

Louis's POV

"The talent show is on Friday, are you doing it?" Niall asks me.
"I dunno... I'm n-not that good."
Niall throws a magazine at me. "Shut up! You're an amazing singer!"
I smile and look down at the promise ring on my finger. I twirl it around my finger.
Zayn comes in the room with a bowl of popcorn.
He kisses my lips. "Love, you doing the talent show on Friday?"
"Sure..." I lift up his hand and study the ring on his finger. The ring that I barely managed to buy for him. It's gold and has small diamonds studded across the surface. He tried to tell me to take it back and get a less fancy one, but I refused. Sure, it cost a lot, but it's Zayn we're talking about, he deserves the best.
'I get down on one knee and look up at Zayn. He gasps and tears fill his eyes.
"I know we're y-young Z, so I'm not pro-proposing yet. I l-love you so much, and I want to s-spend the rest of my life with you. Again, we're too young now, so this is a promise r-r-ring."
I open the black velvet box and reveal the gold ring.
"Oh my god Louis, it's beautiful..." Zayn cries and laughs a little.
"Zayn, d-do you promise that you'll be m-mine when the right time comes for us to get m-married?"
"I do! I promise!"
I smile and slide the ring onto his tan finger.
"I love you." I murmur against his lips.
"I love you too." He kisses me and I throw my arms around his neck. "Do you have a ring too?"
"O-of course." I show him my ring and he sighs.
"You need to take this back and get a cheaper one, it must've cost a fortune!" He hold out his hand and looks at the ring in awe.
"No, it's perfect, just like you." I smile and pull him in for another kiss.'
"Good, you're a beautiful singer." I smile and take a handful of popcorn. Niall comes over and tries to sneak a handful so I slap his hand.
"Damn, I just wanted some food."
I stick my tongue out at him and he ventures into the kitchen to find food. Zayn chuckles and slides his ring off and on his finger a few times.
"Y-you okay Zayn?"
"Hm? Oh- yeah! I'm fine. Fine." He jumps a little.
I look at him weird but shake it off.
Niall comes out of the kitchen with a giant bag of chips and I shake my head. I get up and snatch the bag out of his hands.
"No!" He screams.
I walk calmly into the kitchen and switch out the big bag for a small, serving sized one.
"Here ya go love. Knock yourself out."
Niall's eyes light up and he grabs the bag. He opens it and begins eating. He looks at his watch and gasps.
"What?" I ask.
"I'm meeting Harry and Liam at the park, gotta go thanks for the food, bye Louis, bye Zayn!" And he's gone. I laugh lightly and walk out to find that Zayn has disappeared somewhere. I sit on the couch and eat the half empty bowl of popcorn.
After finishing the salty snack, I go to find Zayn. I walk down the hallway to out room and slowly turn the doorknob. It stops. It's locked. Maybe he did it without thinking. I'm about to call for him when I hear a guitar strumming. Then Zayn begins to sing.

"Dear diamond,
Pretty and new,
Perfectly flawless, too good to be true,
Dear diamond,
You shine like the sun,
Wrap around my finger, just like he does,

"You cost more than he wanted to lose,
And with this ring I said I do,
Promised to never do what I've done,
I've been lying to someone,

"Dear diamond
What will we do?
Lie like the devil or just face the truth,
Dear diamond,
Be my saving grace,
What he don't know will kill him,
That I can't face,

"You cost more than he wanted to lose,
And with this ring I said I do,
I promised to never do what I've done,
I've been lying to someone,
Dear diamond,

"Dear diamond,
With your band of gold,
Some people you have, some people you hold,
Dear diamond,
I promise to keep,
This secret I have while he's holding me..."

I hear light crying. He begins to talk to himself.
"I don't know what to do, I love Louis, but... What am I going to do about Perrie? I guess I shouldn't tell? Ugh..." He sighs.
Tears fall from my eyes. He's cheating on me?!