You Deserve the Best

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Louis's POV

I twist and turn; I'm not comfortable. I'm cold, alone. I don't have those familiar me that belong to the man I love. I grab my phone off of the beside table next to me. I turn it on and I have 55 messages and 23 missed calls from Zayn. I unlock my phone and go on iMessage. I hover my fingers over the keyboard.
'Why'd you do it?' I text him.
I wait a few minutes.
'Louis I'm so sorry, I love you so much. Perrie blackmailed me. She said if I didn't date her, then she'd hurt you. I love you so much Lou. I didn't want you to get hurt. I didn't know what to do. I never want to see you cry again. I want you to smile that beautiful smile of yours. I love you with all my heart and I hope that we can be together again someday. I hope you understand what has happened. I love you so much Louis Tomlinson. You're my world. ~Zayn xxxxxxxx'
Tears stream down my cheeks.
'I don't know what to do.' I text back.
'That's for you to decide Louis. xxxxx'
I sigh.
'Goodnight Zayn.'
'Goodnight, I love you xxxxx'
I almost said I love you too, but I stopped myself. Can I trust him? I try to go to sleep again, and I fall asleep this time.

I hear a knock at the door and I wake up from my slumber.
"Come in!" I call. The door doesn't open. I throw the covers aside and grab my IV stand. I walk to the door and open it. I gasp. There is one single rose laying on the ground with a note attached to it.
I look around and pick up the rose and letter.
I study the perfect rose petals before opening the note.
'If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.'
I smile and blush. I look around again and close the door slowly. I find a jar in the cabinet and place the rose in the water.
This happens every day now. There are sweet ones, funny ones, and serious ones.
Day 2: I find a small cake outside my door and I lift it up. There is another note attached.
'I love you like a fat kid loves cake!'
I laugh and close the door to my room.
Day 3: There is a red piece of paper on the floor, cut into the shape of a heart. The heart is broken, torn down the middle. There is a note attached.
'This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.'
Day 4: A simple slice of bread and a small stone sit on the floor.
'Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.'
Day 5: The boys walk into my room.
"H-hey," I say.
"Hey Lou- what's all this?" Harry points to everything on the counter.
"Um... S-someone has bringing me them. I think it's Z-zayn."
"This is cheesy." Harry laughs, holding up the rose. I jump up and slap him. "Ow, Louis! What the hell?!" He pushes me backwards.
I fall backwards and crash into my IV stand, making the needle rip out of my arm. I scream in pain. The door flies open and there is Zayn. He is hiding something behind his back and he stuffs the thing into his pocket. I groan in pain, clutching my arm.
Zayn rushes over to me.
"Shit, Zayn. It h-hurts," I cry out.
"N-nurse!" Zayn screams, his voice cracking. "Keep holding it Louis." Zayn stands up and faces Harry. "What the hell did you do Harry?!"
"I said the rose thing was cheesy and he slapped me so I pushed him back." Harry crosses his arms.
Zayn punches Harry in the jaw and I grabs the collar of his shirt. "You don't touch him! Understand?!" Zayn yells.
"Yes..." Harry groans.
"Good, now don't touch the notes either." Zayn releases Harry.
The nurse rushes in. "What's happened?"
"My boy- my uh... My... friend here, fell and his um... His arm... Uh, the IV got ripped out I think." Zayn's eyes softened and he sat down in one of the chairs. He brought his knees up to his chest and he looked up at the light, blinking back tears and biting his lip harshly.
"Okay, love, let's see it," The nurse says softly. I hold out my arm to the nurse. I hiss when she touches the cut.
"Ow, f-fuck," I mumble.
Zayn lunges for me. "Don't hurt him!" He cries out. The nurse looks at him weird.
"I'm not going to hurt him, don't worry, love." She wraps my arm in a bandage. "There you go. I think you can be done with your IV now. Just a couple more days, love." She smiles and helps me back into my bed and then leaves the room.
"I'm sorry Louis," Harry mumbles, hugging me.
"It's fine H-Haz, it's fine." I say softly into his curls.
"It's not cheesy, it's sweet." Harry pulls away and smiles.
I smile at him.
"Are you hungry Lou?" Niall asks.
"Um, a li-little, I guess." I shrug.
"Okay, we'll go get you something, c'mon lads. Zayn, stay and watch him?" Liam asks, smirking at him.
Zayn bites his lip and nods. The boys exit the room and Zayn walks over to me. He takes my hand and a shiver runs down my spine.
"I-I love you Louis." He sniffs, playing with my fingers. "I've been bringing those notes every morning. I-I-I-I miss you Louis... I brought something for you, if you want it." He brings out a small, glass box. There is a silver ring sitting there. He opens the box. "Em... So, after you got thrown out... Your quarter, it fell down through that grate thing. So, em... I hired someone to go find it. They found it. It's clean, don't worry. Em... I got it shaped into a ring for you. If I get a ring like this one that I certainly don't deserve," he looks down at his ring, "then you deserve the best t-too." His voice cracks at the end and tears form in my eyes, my heart races... how?
"O-oh my god... H-how did they find i-it?" I run my fingers over the quarter and it calms me like it used to.
"I don't know, but um... Here it is." He blushes.
I throw my arms around him and he freezes.
"I love you so much Zayn!" I hold him close.
He relaxes and I feel his body shudder as he cries into my neck.
"I love you too Louis," he murmurs. "So, so, so much." My heart speeds up again and I smile widely. He pulls away. His eyelashes are wet with tears.
"Perrie blackmailed me Louis, I swear, that's all, and um... She uh... Forced me to have sex with her, I'm so sorry, please don't hate me. She said she'd hurt you, Louis I love you so much, I didn't want you to get hurt-"
"Shh..." I cup his cheek. "That's all behind us, I love you. What was the quote today?"
Zayn blushes. He kisses my lips quickly and a huge rush of happiness runs through me just like the first time, and he whispers into my ear:
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."