Not Good Enough

CHAPTER NINE

I can't believe it... I bang on the door.
"Zayn!" I yell angrily.
He appears in the doorway.
"Hello love." He smiles weakly.
"What. The fuck. W-was THAT?! ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!"
"I... Um... Lou... Uh..."
"O-oh my god..." I cry, running away from him.
"Louis, wait, please!" He yells, running after me.
I stop and he slams into me. I turn around and get right in his face.
"I f-fucking hate you," I snarl. I run out of the house and slam the door in his face. He opens it again.
"Louis! Wait!"
"FUCK YOU ZAYN! I-I LOVED YOU! I TRUSTED YOU! W-WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! GOD!" I scream, kicking his car. I make dents in the metal and Zayn just stands there. "D-DO YOU EVEN CARE?!"
He nods. "I love you Louis. Please let me make it up to you. Let this just be a little bump in the road. C'mon, come inside."
I walk up to him and slap his cheek. Hard. "Fuck you. Apparently I'm n-not good enough for you. G-go spend the rest of your life with t-that slut P-p-perrie. I hate you!" (A/N: I have nothing against Perrie, don't worry)
I walk away from him and towards the park. Maybe Niall or Harry or Liam will let me stay with them.
When I finally reach the park, tears are streaming down my face. I run to the group of three and plow into Liam's arms.
"Oh my god, Lou what happened?" Liam asks, wrapping his arms around me.
"Z-zayn's c-cheating on m-me..." I cry.
"Really?" Liam says.
"What?!" Niall exclaims.
"Zayn's cheating?" Harry asks.
I nod.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Louis!" Liam squeezes me tightly.
"C-can I st-stay with you?" I cry.
"Of course, of course! Let's go to my place, c'mon guys."
I slowly walk after the boys and climb into Liam's car. I look out of the window as we pass Zayn's house. I see a figure with a crowbar, hitting Zayn's car. I see a quiff and realize Zayn is crushing his car. Good. He should be upset with himself. I slump back in the seat and run my fingers through my hair. I take a shaky breath and release it slowly. Liam pats my knee and then returns it to the steering wheel.
We reach his house and I slowly climb out of the vehicle. I follow the three boys into the house and sit myself on Liam's big couch.
"Do you want a cup of tea Lou?" Harry asks.
"S-sure," I whisper.
Harry ruffles my hair and walks into the kitchen.
"Who is he, you know, dating other than you?"
"P-perrie Edwards..." I cry.
"I'm so sorry Lou..." Liam wraps his arms around me, but it doesn't feel right. I feel uncomfortable, like I don't belong in his arms. I only belong in one person's arms. Zayn's. I hate him so much now though.
"I-I hate him s-so much..." I sob.
The boys are quiet. I bring my knees up to my chest and rest my chin on them. I don't bother to wipe away my tears.
Harry comes back with my tea.
"Here ya go Lou."
"Thanks Haz." I take the tea and sip from the cup. I feel the hot liquid burn my throat on the way down and I smile lightly. "It's good, thanks."
"You're welcome." Harry smiles and sits down on the floor.
The tea is good. Not good enough. Like me. I'm not good enough for Zayn. Zayn used to make me tea. It was perfect. This isn't Zayn's tea. Zayn made me feel so important. Now I feel like an annoying fly.
I'm not good enough. I'm not good enough. I'm not good enough.
"Louis." A voice makes me lift my head up. I see a boy with dark hair standing in the door frame. It's Zayn. There is still a red handprint on his tanned cheek. His hair is everywhere and his eyes are red. I stand up an run into Liam's bedroom. Away from that monster.
"I H-HATE YOU!" I scream.
I hear Niall talking. "Zayn it's time for you to leave. I can't believe you. He wanted to spend the rest of life with you. You made him feel special Zayn. Get out of this house. Now."
"Liam-"
"Get out Zayn." Liam interrupts Zayn.
I hear a whimper and the door closes.
"He's such an arse. Did he really think he could make up with Louis right after he found out he was cheating on him? Louis you can come out now! He's gone." Harry calls.
I slowly make my way out of Liam's room and find that Zayn is gone. I cry into Harry's arms and he holds me close. I hiccup and sniff, wiping at my face furiously.
"S-sorry." I mumble. "I'm going t-to go get some fresh air."
Harry wipes away fresh tears from under my eyes and nods. I run up the stairs and out onto the balcony. I grip the edge of the railing and scream out.
"NO!" I sob. The railing shakes as I cry out. I take a deep breath in and exhale quickly. I feel light headed and begin to stumble around. I blink slowly and try to grab for the railing. I miss the railing and my head hits the concrete with a loud crack.