Heart of Gold

CHAPTER SIX

Zayn's POV

"Lou are you going to eat anything?"
"..."
"Lou you need to eat something, c'mon baby."
"..."
I sigh and eat my food. Louis hasn't been talking or eating. I'm really worried about him. I walk over to him and kneel in front of him. He doesn't look at me.
"Angel?"
His eyes slowly travel down to mine.
"Babe you need to do something. Something to get your mind off of this," I tell him, holding his hand.
He shrugs.
"I love you." I kiss the corner of his lips and walk into the kitchen. I clean my dishes and lean against the counter. I sigh. "Louis you're eating something whether you like it or not," I call.
He doesn't answer. I scoop some food onto a plate for him and go sit next to him.
"I have some food for you LouBear."
His eyes glance over to the food. I hold it out to him. He takes the plate and sets it on his lap. I sit in front of him and intertwine our fingers. He looks at me and I give him a small smile. He doesn't return it though.
"I-I-I d-don't h-have a fa-family any-anymore..." Louis croaks.
My smile drops and I sit beside him. I open my mouth to say something but he cuts me off.
"W-will you f-fill in for th-them?"
Tears spring to my eyes. "Of course Lou, I'd do anything for you." My voice wavers a bit. He leans forward and kisses my cheek gingerly.
"T-thank you," he whispers very quietly. A tear slips down my face. He wipes it away and kisses my lips. "I-I love you Zayn."
"I love you too Lou, so much." I press my forehead against his. Our breath hits each other's lips in a slow pattern as we close our eyes, just sitting there.
Louis has been through so much. I don't know how he's still as sweet as ever. He pulls away from me and stares at his food. He slowly begins to eat it and I lean in and kiss his temple. I stand up.
"I'm going to go take a shower love, I'll be right back." I tell him, fixing his hair.
"O-okay, love you." He looks up at me.
"I love you too." I laugh, lean down and kiss his nose. I walk down the hall and into the bathroom. I turn on the water and slip out of my clothes. I hop into the shower and hiss as the hot water hits my back. I soon get used to the temperature of the water and I pour some shampoo onto my hand.

Louis's POV

I watch Zayn as he walks down the hall to the bathroom. I hear the water running and I turn back to my food. I finish it and then clean my dishes. I walk to Zayn's bedroom and sit down on his bed.
I look around the tidy room and go cross legged. I wait for about five minutes and Zayn walks in. His shorts are hanging loosely around his waist and his dark hair is flattened against his forehead. He walks over to me and brings me into a hug. I rest my head against his tan chest that is still steamy from his shower. I hear his heart beating slowly and his breathing slow and steady. His skin smells like vanilla and it radiates heat onto my body. I wrap my arms tightly around his waist. Zayn and I have this kind of communication where we can tell how each other is feeling and we both feel things that can't be expressed by a simple "I love you". Saying "I love you" to each other has a much larger meaning behind it than some other people may think. Zayn may be the only person that I can feel this right with. I love him so much. I don't know if he feels the same way because this is probably really early to be thinking this. I don't know if Z will want to spend the rest of his life with me but I sure as hell would with him. Zayn is my whole world right now. His beautiful tan skin, his shining brown eyes, his bright smile, his perfect dark hair and most importantly: his heart of gold.

Zayn's POV

Louis wraps his arms tightly my waist and I do the same. His soft skin rests against mine and press my lips to his head. Louis looks up at me and I give him a sweet smile.
"H-hi," he whispers.
"Hi," I whisper back, nuzzling my nose against his. "You tired angel?"
"Y-yes, very." He closes his eyes and rubs his face.
"Okay, let's go to bed."
He nods and pulls away from me. He walks over to the bed and flops down on it.
"Babe are you sleeping in your jeans?"
He groans. "Y-yessss..."
I laugh. "Babe you're gonna get all hot and sweaty."
"I'm al-already hot I've got th-that part cov-covered," he says, holding up one finger.
"True." I climb on top of him, kissing his lips. He kisses back tangling his fingers in my hair. This time he slowly slides his tongue inside my mouth and surprisingly is really good at this. He massages the inside of my mouth and my tongue. He makes his way back into his own mouth and he kisses my lips before pulling away.
I grin at him.
He blushes. "W-what?"
"A+."
"Aw Za-Zaynie! Thank y-you!" He pinches my cheeks. "Now l-let's get to b-bed I'm T-I-R-D tired!"
"Lou it's T-I-R-E-D," I correct him, laughing.
"I d-don't give a f-fuck. Oo I have a j-joke!" He sits up quickly.
"Okay, shoot."
"Sp-spell silk."
"Silk?"
"Yeah, spell i-it."
"Okay? S-I-L-K."
"What d-do cows drink?"
"Milk."
"N-NO!" He screams, making me jump. "T-THEY DRINK WATER!" He laughs wildly.
"Well damn."
He laughs loudly.
"Jeez Lou!"
He suddenly stops. "I'm T-I-R-D t-tired."
I face-palm and he giggles. He pulls off his shirt and his trousers.
"D-dude stop s-staring I know I'm fucking g-gorgeous but st-still, no need to stare." He puts his hands on his hips and raises his eyebrows.
I blush and kiss him.
"A-and I guess th-that's your way of say-saying 'Yes y-you are fucking g-gorgeous'?"
"Whatever you say Lou." I roll my eyes.
He gasps and places a hand over his heart dramatically.
"Aw, I'm just kidding boo."
"I-I know, nobody could r-resist this perfect ass." He sways his hips and jumps into bed.
I laugh and pull off my shirt and pants and join him.
"I love you so much Lou."
"I l-love you more."
"A-ca-scuse me? I love YOU more."
"A-ca-believe it. I-I love YOU more."
"We're so dorky." I laugh.
"Yep. T-that's why we b-belong together!"
We giggle and snuggle closer. I press my lips to his one last time before I realize he has fallen asleep. I laugh softly and turn off the lamp. I pull him closer and close my eyes, falling asleep to my boyfriend's soft breathing.