Chapter 1- I Will Not Fall Into His Trap

"Zoe, you need to get a boyfriend." Raelyn said and nudged me.

Again with the pestering about a boyfriend. Everyday, she's always finding a way to bring up the topic. I try my best to avoid it but she doesn't budge. I swear she is obsessed. She's always trying to get guys to take me out on a date, that way we will click and automatically like each other. It's rather pathetic. Me being the blonde I am, decided to go on one date to make her shut up about it. I thought maybe it would make my best friend happy, and you never now, I may have liked the guy. I think it might have been the worst night of my life. Even though I told Raelyn how bad the date was, she still tried to find more matches for me. It's like a real life Tinder. In her mind, she was helping.

The guy that she pared me with was some guy that reminded me so much of Fregley off of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Except he was older. I'm not a pedophile. His name was Noah and he was 18. Noah was some kind of saint. He wore a red and white flannel button up shirt with khakis. He wasn't bad looking. His freckles ran from one cheek to the other, and his bright red hair reminded me of a fire hydrant. His personality was the only reason why I thought that it wouldn't be that bad of an idea. He was a nice guy. 'It would be a harmless date' I thought. Wrong.

The second we sat down at our table he started talking about all this academic stuff. Just hearing about it gave me a headache. Then he went on about which video games I should buy. His favourite was Sonic. He apparently has a whole collection of all the sonic games, and they are his most prized position. I was still hanging in there. Even when he shoved his finger up his nose and started digging for gold. I didn't want to judge him because I'm pretty sure we all have picked our nose. But when Noah pulled the big, gooey sucker right out of his nose and put it in his mouth like he was a starving kid and it was his first time eating chocolate, I sprinted out of there faster than Usain Bolt. I actually puked before I exited the building, but I didn't stop to apologize to the person who had to clean it up. I lost my appetite, I didn't eat that night or the next morning. Even now when I think about it I gag and it was 3 months ago.

"I don't need a boyfriend." I told her for the millionth time

"Come on. Any boy would date you." She said. I snorted, "If that's the case then I wouldn't be single."

"You just haven't found the right one yet. Can't I please just keep looking for one for you." She looked at me with pleading eyes.

Oh she's good. She's real good. If I only had half a brain, I would have given in. Sucks for you Raelyn, you have lost.

"No means no, Raelyn."

"But you are almost 18 and-"
"Just because you have a boyfriend, doesn't mean you are an expert at relationships." I sighed aggravated.

When I noticed Kyle coming our way, I became happy. Since he's the one that's going to save me from Raelyn's torment.

Raelyn noticed why I got excited and pouted. She knew that Kyle was going to be a distraction which will make her forgot about why she was giving me hell. "This argument isn't over." She pointed at me.

"Blah blah, move your ass." I said and slapped her butt.

"That's not for you." Kyle, Raelyn's boyfriend, said walking over to us. He stared at her body and licked his lips. Was he planning on doing sexual things to her in front of everyone at school?

Kyle can be kind of hard person to like. He is okay sometimes and other times he is just a big pain in the ass. I do like him, he just really likes to annoy me though. I never used to like him because he has always been a dick to everyone. He used to screw a girl then dump her. I'm surprised he has lasted this long with Raelyn. I would like to say that he is one of the losers at school but he's not. He isn't a jock, I think he played football his freshmen year but sucked so bad that his parents had to talk him in to quitting. I think the only reason of why people like him is because of his personality and appearance. His parents are wealthy so he probably eats money for breakfast. His hair is always done as nice as Tom Cruise's hair. Kyle definitely works-out, not saying that I check him out but the amount of times Raelyn tells me how great his abs are, kind of gives me an idea. Even though I'd rather not know that she sees him with his clothes off and whatever they are doing when that happens. It's just so funny since Kyle is so much bigger than Raelyn. I asked her once if he was on steroids and she got mad that I would even ask that. She knows he works-out, she even goes to the gym with him sometimes. I said she goes to the gym, probably not to workout, probably just to watch him workout. At least, that's my assumption.