Chapter 9- You Look Like An Angry Teddy Bear

Right now, I can't tell what's real or what's not. I just feel like I'm in a nightmare. Learning that my friends do drugs and are possibly drug addicts just feels so surreal. Plus crashing my precious baby can not be real. That is one of my fears, sounds dumb but my car was a $20,000 Chevy Malibu. That was where all of my hardworking money went, I got my job when I was 14 and have been working for four years at the cafe. I got my car 6 months ago and I basically live, sleep and eat in my car. Actually I don't eat in it, I don't want to get it dirty.

If they think that joking around about crashing my car is funny, now is not the time to be playing let's screw with Zoe.

"That's funny but this is not a joking matter right now."

When Lia or my mom didn't laugh with me I stopped. Maybe they aren't joking. Oh God.

I furrowed my eyebrow together, "Lia, please tell me this is some kind of sick joke."

She or my mom didn't speak. I started breathing hard. You've got to be kidding me. No, they are probably just playing a prank on me. I know Lia is really really bad at driving but surely she didn't crash my car.

"Lia." I said calmly. "I'm so sorry." She apologized.

She has that sorrow look in her eyes, that's what affirms me that she isn't joking.

I flared my nostrils, "Why Lia. Why must you always do stupid shit!"

My mom opened her mouth, probably to scold me but I stopped her, "Now is not the time to tell me not to use foul language." I said holding my hand out to stop her.

I shouldn't be taking out my anger on her because she doesn't deserve it but right now I'm just so pissed that I'm not even thinking.

"I didn't get hurt, thanks for asking." Lia said sarcastically. "I can tell you are fine since your ugly ass face is in front of me and not in a hospital." I exclaimed.

"Zoe!" My mom gasped. "That is enough! You do not talk to anyone that way!"

I sucked in a breath of air and mumbled, "I know. I'm just mad."

I turned away from them to go outside. Now I want to inspect the damage she did to my car. I'm expecting, wild shield cracked, car door torn off, the whole front of my car smashed up, and right side all dented in. But instead it was the back that she fucked up. The back bumper was pushed in and both of the taillights had been knocked out. The paint was scratched up everywhere and the hood wouldn't even close properly. It looks bad, I may not sounds bad but trust me, this is going to be expensive to pay for.

I marched back into where I left my sister and mother. It may have not been as bad as what I imagined, but it was still bad. And all I can think about is how I'm going to pay for this, but then again it wasn't my fault. Lia should pay for her mistakes, not me.

They were in the middle of a conversation when I interrupted them,"How the hell did you manage to do that."

"I backed into someone else's car." She explained.

So not only did she muck up my car, but she also did one over for someone else's vehicle. This day could not have gone any worse.

"I'm so sorry." She apologized again.

"No I'm sorry because you are paying for my car damage and the other vehicle you hit." I snapped.

"I'm sorry." She repeated. "Saying sorry isn't going to fix anything! Do you know how much it will cost just to fix my car. And I haven't even seen the other person's vehicle." I sneered.