Chapter 10- How Come She Never Learns From Her Mistakes?

"Zoe."

"Zoe."

"Zoe."

"Lia what do you want." I snapped.

She looked startled because I snapped at her and surprised because I actually said something to her rather than ignoring her.

"I wanted to take you out." She offered. "No." I instantly said without even giving it a think.

It has been a couple weeks since she crashed my car. I have been avoiding and ignoring everyone. Even my friends. I have been busy and just haven't been in a good enough mood to do anything. When I did speak to my friends, I was always grouchy. After they caught on that I was in a shit mood, they gave me some space. I have put school and work as my priorities. Raelyn and I are on speaking terms again. We both apologized to each other and hugged it out. I choose to accept who she is because I can't control her. She knows I'm not mad at her now, she just promised to give me some space. Now it has just been me, myself, and I.

I will admit, it has been a very lonely couple of weeks.

"She is trying to do a nice thing." My mom shook her head at me. "Go with your sister." My dad demanded.

My mom glanced over at my dad and she had a foreign expression on her face. She looked kind of angry at him, like when parents compete for authority. Her face just screamed, "I can handle this, now get your big head out of it."

"So only Lia and I are going?" I asked. "Yes. She is taking you out." My mom replied. "Why would I get into a vehicle with her?" I snorted.

They are funny to think I would get into a vehicle with her. No way.

"It was an accident. Why are you so self-centered." Lia said impatiently. "Because I don't want to be in a car with you." I simply said. "I'm trying to do something nice." She said looking hurt.

No, no. That baby face is not working on my like it does on my parents. I will not give in. She started at my with wide, pleading eyes like Puss in Boots. She even did a little sniffle and pouted her lips. FINE.

I sighed and crossed my arms, "Where are you taking me?"

She squealed with delight and glanced over at my parents who looked at her astounded that I actually agreed.

They can't be giving me these victorious grins, I can easily reject.

"A place to eat." She finally answered. "Yeah because buying me food is going to make up for crashing my car." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that." My dad questioned with raised eyebrows.

"Nothing." I answered briefly not wanting to talk to him.

"I'll be outside." Lia sang and skipped to the door.

How can she always seem to be happy? You could tell her that her shoes make her look like she had cankels, and she'll give you the brightest smile and will never think of it again. She'll even still where the shoes.

I went and got ready while Lia waited patiently for me. I put on jeans and a loose t-shirt. I let my hair down and slipped my glasses on my face. Once I put my shoes on, I went outside to Lia.

We got into my mom's car and she started to drive.

"Look, Zoe-" Lia started to say but I cut her off, "Let's not have the sappy sorry story and say we did."
I said looking out the window and not at her. "Quit being such a bitch to me." She snapped.