Chapter 3- Time to Go And Embarrass Myself. I'm Not Good at These Things

"Honey wake up." I heard my mom say as she shook me.

I sat up and looked at her. I was kind of confused of where I was because I was still so tired. But then my brain finally caught up and my eyes quickly averted to where Matthew was last night but he wasn't there.

"I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave for work." She said and hugged me. "Okay, bye. Love you." I replied.

I looked at the time and noticed I was running late for work. "Shit." I mumbled to myself.

I rushed to the bathroom and pulled my hair back into a hair tie. I quickly put some make-up on to at least make myself look presentable. Then I put on a bra and my clothes.

I went downstairs and grabbed my purse and keys.

I peered into my dads office and saw him doing paperwork. "Hey, I'm going to go to work." I said while slipping my shoes on. "Alright, I will see you at dinner." He replied and continued with his work.

He didn't even look up from his computer. To be fair, I wasn't expecting any more attention from him because you know, it's not like I'm his daughter or anything. Sarcasm.

I ran out to my car and unlocked before getting in. I'm still going to be late to work, but if I hurry I won't be as late.

After driving, I pulled into the parking lot of the cafe and hurriedly made my way inside. I threw on my apron and grabbed my pen and notepad.

"Hey Zoe." Another waitress here greeted me. "Hi Sam." I smiled. "Why are you late." She asked. "I lost track of time." I replied. "Don't worry, we weren't even that busy. I don't think Jerry noticed." She said. "Good." I said relieved.

Jerry is my boss. Also the owner of the cafe. He is nice but he has his days. When he is having one of his bad days, you would wish you didn't work here. He gets so picky and wants everything to be perfect. But he is a great boss so I'm not complaining. He also has a son that works here occasionally. His name is Josh and he is about three years older than me(21). He has an imperious personality because of his father being the owner of the cafe. Most the time he makes me want to take his head and dunk in in the fryer. I have to really restrain myself from making rude remarks because I say one thing that's out of line, he'll run to his dad and tell on me.

A couple people walked in so I told Sam that I would be their waitress. I grabbed two menus for the both of them, and walked over to their table. After I introduced myself as their waitress I asked them what they would like to eat and drink.

"Coffee." The lady spoke softly. "Water." The man said. "Anything else?" I asked. "Can we get two orders of eggs and bacon." The man asked. "How would you like your eggs cooked?"

"Over easy." They both said then smiled at each other. "Anything else?" I asked. A coherent 'No' was all I needed to hear for me to leave.

I gave their order to the cooks in the kitchen and brought out their refreshments. Which I regret as the two were holding hands and making these crazy eyes at each other. As I soon as I left they started kissing. At least they had the decency to do it after I left. When their food was done I brought that to them too. I regret telling Sam to be their waitress because they were in an intense make-session when I brought it to them.

The couple broke apart and the women said, "Thanks," when I placed the food down in front of them. I smiled awkwardly and went back behind the counter.

Thank god I made it out alive. The harsh look she gave me made me think that she was going to take the butter knife that sat next to her and shove it in my eye.