Chapter 8- Im Like The Lone Porcelain Doll That Doesn't Belong on The Shelf

It's been a little over a week. I have already payed off the fine. Lia has had to drive me everywhere and I mean everywhere. She hates it just as much as I do. She doesn't like having  to get up early to drive me to school so she doesn't get up. I would feel bad that miss princess doesn't get her beauty sleep because she turns into the ogre Shrek. The only thing stopping me from feeling bad for her is because she makes me late everyday. Work was a little different since it is in the after noon. But then Lia fails to pick me up after work. I will be there waiting for almost an hour. I would walk home but it's at night and it's not like we live close enough for that.

I complained to my parents but my dad tells me to quit complaining or he will have the suspension be longer. I all but laughed in his face which didn't exactly please him at the least.

Today she was way more than an hour late. I have had enough. It's already 10:00. Two hours late. I don't understand how she doesn't know that I need to be picked up at 8:00. It hasn't changed.

She has the attention span of a fish. Forgets something every second. It's not like her life is so much more important.

Now I was just sitting on a bench outside of the cafe. Waiting, and waiting to be picked up. But still no fucking sign of her. It's getting cold and the sun isn't in the sky. I would sit inside and wait but that would risk me being asked to wait on a few more tables. Yeah, no thanks.

I had texted Lia one hour ago, reminding her to come pick me up. And she didn't answer. Then I texted her again 40 minutes ago, once again, no answer. So I decided to text Raelyn and ask her instead.

I noticed a truck roll up to the curb. The window rolled down and Mathew's face appeared.

"Need a ride?" He offered.

"I never thought I'd be happy to see you." I grinned. "How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"Kyle said Raelyn wanted me to pick you up from work and then we are going to his house." Matthew told me.

Part of me doesn't want to but I have been waiting for to long and it's cold and dark.

"You know what. Sounds fun." I smiled getting into his truck.

"If it isn't Zoe." Kyle said ruffling my hair.

Matthew and I had arrived at Kyle's humble abode. It was a modern looking home, wasn't too big or too small. It was a perfect size for his parents and him. Like my parents, his were never home. And him being the only child meant he was home alone. Good thing he has Raelyn, even though I would rather not think about what they do in their spare time. I was like that too when Lia was in Europe, but now since she is back I have had someone to talk to. But now I'm mad at her for always being late. Today she took it way over board.

I slapped Kyle's shoulder, "Stop touching my hair." I said and smoothed it back down.

He reached out to do it again but Raelyn walked in shaking her head. She walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"What was that for?" I asked laughing. "I don't know, I just thought you could do with a hug." She smiled.

"Well thanks I guess."

We walked into Kyle's living room and I noticed three other people were here. One girl and two boys. The girl was an African American and so was one of the boys. The other boy was Caucasian.

The Caucasian looked real dark and mysterious. He was in all black with his hood up. He was really pale, like he was sick. He's had all sorts of piercings and as far as the eye can see, he had some tattoos on his hand. That looked to be about the only body place that wasn't convered up. It was hard to read him. He showed no emotion whatsoever.

Beauty Always Has a PriceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara