Chapter 5- Maybe I Will Use You As One of My Little Puppets

I woke up this morning looking worse the Ursula from the Little Mermaid. I was definitely sleep deprived. After Mathew left, I avoiding all questions from my parents. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. My dad kept pushing and pushing and I was already in a bad enough mood with a headache that felt like hammers were hitting my head. Finally I just made the excuse that I was on my period and needed to change my tampon. That shut him up, his face turned pale and he scurried out off my room faster than a mouse. That was the highlight of my day. Works every time.

But this morning, my hair looks like a rat's nest. My pores decided to hate me in my time of need and I got a honker right above my left eyebrow. My eyes were baggy and had dark circles under my eyes, my breath smelled like shit. Literally. Yeah yeah, it sounds gross. Not my fault. Looks like today is going to be the day where I don't want to put an effort on my appearance. Sweats it is. Now I just have to make my way to the hell that I call school.

"Hey Zoe! What's up?" Raelyn smiled.

I look at Kyle's arm around her and smiled. No matter how much Kyle annoys me, I think they are really good together and he does treat her well. Although, I didn't think he would. He definitely surprised me. He acts like she is the princess and his whole world. He's the one the can put a huge smile on her face when she's sad. I admire him for that, he's got something that can make a girl feel special. To make them feel like they shouldn't have any insecurities. I want what they have so bad, but it's hard to find a person that can treat you well these days.

"Just been doing homework, nothing too important."

"You have never been a good liar." Kyle smirk.

He unwrapped his arm that was around Raelyn's waist, which gave her a disappointed look. She slugged her shoulders, obviously wanting more of his touch.

Kyle reached up to my neck and traced something. "Looks like someone had fun." Kyle said smugly.

My hand shot up to my neck, shooing Kyle's hand away. I covered up the mark with my hand. I glanced at Raelyn to see her with her eyes wide. I didn't even realize he did that. I didn't even see it. I swear the universe decided that it's going to make my life miserable today. I'll add that to the list of the many embarrassing things in my life.

I let out a nervous laugh. "I-uh, it's actually not what you think."

"Who did it?"

Raelyn couldn't hide her glee as her straight white teeth showed by her big grin. She confused me, why does she want me to have a boyfriend so bad. I even questioned her, her answer was, 'So we could have cute double dates together. And do cute couple things, I think it would be so cool going on trips together.' She had those in love crazy eyes and looked dreamily into my eyes. I wasn't buying it. Now she has the exact crazy eyes and I think I want to run for the hills. I'm sure my face was worse than a tomato.

"I bet I can guess," Kyle said innocently. "It was Matthew, wasn't it?" He said matter of factly.

"Yeah." I mumbled. "Yes! Hell yeah. I'm so happy for you Zoe." Raelyn yelled.

I quickly told her to lower her voice once I noticed people staring at her. "He is actually a dick and I knew he would be one." I huffed.

I did know he would be one. Right from the start, he acted like one of those bad ass guys. Sure he was kind of nice but it's almost like once you have a certain type of personality, it's hard to change it. Matthew acted as if he was better then everyone, thinks he rules them, and I bet that wouldn't change. He will always be that kind of person. I, personally, don't want to deal with that stuff.