Game Day

Meghan's POV

Kelli and I were so tired after the long day we both had so we decided to go to bed. I walked towards my room when I heard my phone go off in my purse. I pulled it out to see a text from Tyler.

Tyler: Hey Meg, hope you got home safely. Man do I have news for you! Jamie thinks Kelli is really pretty and told me not to tell you, so naturally I had to tell you!

Me: Haha! You're such a great friend. She thinks he's cute too and she would kill me if she knew I'm telling you this.

Tyler: We should set them up! The kid needs a girl in his life!

Me: Coming from Mr. Single. I would love for them to be together but it's just too soon. She's been through a lot and I don't think she's ready for a relationship...but we can try!

Tyler and I kept talking about ways to try and get them together but we couldn't think of a flawless plan, so we gave up for the night. He said he needed to sleep on it to try and come up with the best plan ever. Just as I was about to go to sleep, I got a text from Jamie;

Jamie: Hey Meg, I was just wondering if you could give me Kelli's number? You know, because she seems like a cool girl and I want to be friends with her. That's all. I swear.

I laughed at the way Jamie was trying to play it off like I didn't know he had a crush on my best friend. I decided not to question him which I'm sure he would be surprised at, but relieved so I sent him her number and went to sleep.

*****************************************
Kelli's POV

I wake up and start to get ready for my first day at work. I'm so excited but at the same time, I'm freaking out! What if I mess up? Stop it Kelli, you won't mess up. I kept reassuring myself that I will be fine, I needed a second to calm myself down, so I sat on my bed and grabbed my phone. I hit the home button and a number I did not know texted me. I opened it and to my surprise, it was from Jamie.

Jamie: Hey Kelli, its Jamie Benn, Meghan's friend. I just wanted to wish you luck on your first day! You're gonna do great!

I kept reading the message over and over again. Did Jamie Benn really text me and wish me luck on my first day of work? What? It took me a second to think of what I was going to say back to him and then I figured I would just keep it simple.

Me: Hey Jamie! Thanks! It means a lot! :)

I put my phone back on the bed and finished getting ready. I meet Meghan in the kitchen and we ate a little breakfast and then we were off to the American Airlines Center. I went to Casey's office and he showed me everything I need to do before every practice and then we went out to go watch the Mavericks practice. It was so cool. I couldn't believe I was a Athletic Trainer for The Dallas Mavericks! We sat and watched until practice was almost over then we went into the trainer's room to get everything we needed for post practice. I wrapped some players in ice and sent them on their way. Or I prepared an ice bath for the ones who needed it. I met Meghan in her office and I waited there until she was done with her work. Jamie texted me after his practice and I would answer him whenever I had the chance.

Once we got home, Meghan and I sat down on the couch exhausted. We sat in silence for a couple minutes. I let out a giggle because of something Jamie said. Meghan looked in my direction.

"What are you giggling at? Or should I ask who?" I tried playing off cool

"Oh, no one. Just something on Twitter."

"Ha! Twitter my ass! If it was twitter you would have shown me! Who is it!?" She moved closer jumping up and down on her side of the couch.

"Ugh! Fine, it may or may not be Jamie..." I said trailing off on the Jamie part.