I Got Flustered

I wanted to ask Meghan what made her change her mind about coming but I didn't want to pry so I decided to just enjoy the fact that she was actually here. Hopefully Tyler will see her and start to play better.

As the second period went on, we would make little comments about what was going on. The Stars had the puck in the Avalanche's zone, Jamie sent it around to Tyler and he started battling Gabriel Landeskog for it until Gabriel cross checked Tyler into the boards head first right in front of me and Meghan. Meghan immediately grabbed my arm and gasped.

Everyone immediately started booing and Jamie and the others skated over. Jamie started fighting Gabriel while Tyler was laying on the ice. Dave Zies, the head athletic trainer, ran over to Tyler to make sure he was okay.

I looked over to Meghan, she was still holding my arm. I could tell she was worried so I gave her arm a little squeeze. Her eyes, locked on Tyler waiting to see if he was okay.

After a little, Tyler was able to pull himself up and stand. He was about to skate off to go back to the locker room to do some tests when he looked up and met eyes with Meghan.

I could feel Meghan tense up and then she cracked a little smile to him. Tyler had a small smile on his face as he looked down and started to skate off.

"I saw that" I said to her.

"Saw what?" She tried to play it off.

"Oh nothing." I said letting it go for now.

Tyler didn't come back out the rest of the second period. Mattias Janmark scored which tied the game up going into the third.

"I'm gonna go get a drink. Do you want something?" Meghan asked standing up.

"Nah, I'm okay" I answered letting her pass.

I sat in my seat wondering if Meghan was going to talk to Tyler after the game and if so, what was she going to say? I hope he's okay. It looked like a nasty hit into the boards, it definitely didn't sound good either.

The game was about to start and luckily Meghan made it back in time. I turned to her and noticed she had two beers in her hand. I gave her a look.

"I don't know, I got flustered and accidentally ordered two!" Meghan said frantically.

"How does that even happen?" I said starting to laugh.

"I don't know! I can't drink two or I'll have to pee halfway through! Please drink it! I promise I didn't mean to buy it for you, it just happened!"

I took the drink from my flustered friend and all I could do was laugh.

As the third period started, I noticed Tyler was on the bench.

"Tyler is back." I said pointing towards the bench.

Just as Meghan turned to look, Tyler looked in our direction. They looked at each other which seemed like forever but realistically was like two seconds then Meghan broke away.

"Are you going to talk to him tonight?" I asked

She hesitated for a bit and then finally answered.

"I honestly don't know."

I gave her a half smile and then turned my attention back to the ice.

The third period was a nail biter. They kept going back and forth with no goals yet. Tempers were getting high as well as the anticipation of who was going to score next.

With a minute left in regulation, Tyler stripped the puck from Nathan MacKinnon and Jamie joined him on the two on one breakaway. Tyler and Jamie passed it back and forth until Tyler shot the puck, finding the back of the net.

Meghan and I started jumping up and down. The Starts were now up with less than a minute left.

The Aves pulled Grubauer but weren't successful. Stars win 3-2!

As everyone was getting up to leave, I turned to Meghan.

"You ready?" I asked hoping she was going to go with me towards the locker room.

"Umm, I think I'm just going to go home." She said looking down.

"You don't want to see him?"

"I do but..."

"But what?"

"I don't even know what to say to him...I'm still so confused."

"I don't think you are. I know you better than anyone and I know deep down you know exactly what you want to do. You're just too scared to admit it. I'll see you at home. "I said to her before I turned to head to the locker room.

*******************************************************

I stood outside in my usual spot waiting for Jamie to come out. Poor Tyler was going to be disappointed when he doesn't see Meghan with me.

A couple players started trickling out and then I saw Jamie.

"Good game, Jam." I said pulling him into a hug.

"Thanks. I saw Meg came. Where is she now?" He said looking around for her.

"Uh, well..." I said trailing off.

"Don't tell me she went home?"

I gave him a look that said it all.

"She doesn't know what to say to him just yet."

"Well, this isn't good. Tyler thinks she's out here and is rushing to come talk to her."

We both looked at each other and then heard the doors open. We turned and saw a rushed Tyler practically running out looking around for Meghan. His eyes finally landed on me and Jamie and we both just gave him a sympathetic look and once again he looked defeated.

He started to walk by us and Jamie yelled to him but Tyler didn't stop.