Meghan Wait!

Me and Jamie sat outside for a little bit just cuddling and enjoying the quiet. The night sky was beautiful, the moon was full and you could see the stars. Everything felt so right and I haven't felt this happy in months. We decided to rejoin the party after a while of looking at the stars and talking a little more.

We made it to the kitchen and started heading towards the bar area when we heard Tyler yell.

"MEGHAN WAIT!"

We quick ran towards where we heard Tyler yell. As soon as we turned the corner, everybody turned and saw Meghan run down the stairs and then fly out the door. Tyler wasn't far behind her and followed her.

I stood there for a second and then looked to Jamie who returned the worried and confused look. Just as we were about to go outside to see if we could find out what was going on. Tyler ran back into the house frantically and ran to Jamie.

"This is all your fault! I shouldn't have told her how I felt! Now she wants nothing to do with me!" Tyler yelled as he pinned Jamie against the wall.

The other boys quick jumped in and tried to calm Tyler down. I didn't know what was going on and I never saw Tyler act like this which had me concerned for Jamie but then my concern for Jamie turned into concern for Meghan. She just ran out of the house and she's drunk. I quick ran outside and started to look everywhere for her. Her car was still here so I knew she was on foot and I was so happy she didn't drive. She couldn't have gotten too far...then again, Tyler came back trying to catch his breath before he flipped on Jamie so maybe she did make it pretty far. I tried to think of where Meghan would go and how far would she make it before she turned around. But, knowing Meghan, if she ran away from something or in this case someone, she wasn't going to come back. That's when I really started to worry.

I tried to call her a couple times and she just let it ring. I didn't know my way around where Tyler lived that well yet, especially in the dark, so I decided to turn around. I made it back into Tyler's yard when my phone started ringing.

"Meghan! Where are you?" I asked with a sigh of relief when I heard her voice.

"I don't know what to do." She said in a small broken voice.

"Meghan. Where are you?" I asked again. She was quiet for a second.

"I just want to go home..." was all she said before the line went dead. Fuck, my phone would die. Then all of a sudden, the door flew open behind me.

"Was that her? Was that Meghan? Where is she? I need to talk to her!" Tyler said running out of the house coming towards me, tears staining his face, but Jason and Antoine grabbed him before he got to me.

"I don't know where she is, my phone died before she could tell me." I yelled at him and the two boys held him back. "What did you say to her to freak her out like this?"

Tyler just looked at me with pain in his eyes, tears starting to fall again. All he could do was shake his head trying to stop the tears, which was surprising to see him cry like this. Just then, Jordie came running out of the house and grabbed my arm.

"Come with me, I know where she is." Jordie guided me towards his car.

"Jordie?" Tyler said in a broken voice.

"Sorry buddy, I think it's best you stay here for now." Jordie said getting into his truck.

I jumped in and my heart was racing, I was so worried about Meghan and what happened. We drove a little bit and then Jordie pulled into a parking lot where I saw Meghan sitting on the curb. I jumped out of the truck and ran to her. Once she saw me, she got up and collapsed into my arms crying.

"I wanna go home." She said after a couple minutes.

We jumped into Jordie's truck and he took us home. Once we reached our apartment, Jordie walked us upstairs to make sure we got in safe. I unlocked the door and Meghan thanked Jordie and he whispered something to her before walking into the apartment.

"Thanks for driving us home, Jordie." I said before walking into the apartment.

"No problem, Kel. I hope she's okay, will you tell me how she is tomorrow? I'm sure she won't want to talk to any of us because of Tyler."

"I'm sure she'll talk to you, Jordie. You are the one she called when she knew my phone died. I know she trusts you so I'm sure she will talk to you." I said reassuring him that she won't ignore him the next couple days. He gave a weak smile and then turned to leave.

I ran into Meghan's room where I found her curled up crying. I walked in and sat on the edge of her bed. I didn't say anything for a bit, because I knew she would talk when she was ready. A couple minutes passed until she said something.

"You're gonna think I'm crazy." Was all she said.

I looked down at my friend, heartbroken that she was feeling this way.

"What do you mean I'm gonna think you're crazy? I thought you were crazy before tonight so nothing you say is going to change." I said to her making her laugh a bit. Then she sat up and faced me. She took a deep breath before speaking.

"He admitted he had feelings for me and that he couldn't keep up this "act" anymore, I was caught so off guard, I didn't know what to say at first. I told him I didn't want to ruin our friendship because he means so much to me and he kept asking to give him a chance and I kept saying how if something happened, I didn't want to lose him as a friend and how it would just be a big mess and he kept begging me to just give him a chance and I just couldn't think straight so I ran." She said as the tears threatened to fall again.

I wrapped her in a hug and just let her cry a bit before I said anything. I couldn't believe what she said. I know her better than anybody and I know how much she wants to give him a chance but I also understand why she wouldn't want to try it just in case something bad did happen. She didn't want to lose a friend and a boyfriend. I've experienced it and it's not fun, so I know she is just protecting herself from double heartbreak.

"Meg, I've seen the way he is with you. When I first got here, he talked about you like you were the most important thing in the world to him. He cares so much about you and he would do anything for you." She sat up and I could tell she was thinking. "He poured his heart out to you because he was hoping you felt the same way. I know you feel the same way about him. I've seen the way you look at him and I can hear the way your voice changes whenever you say his name. You told me to give Jamie a chance and now I'm happy with him. Give yourself the chance to be happy with Tyler."

Everything I just said was running through her head and she was trying to figure out what she wanted to do. I knew this decision wasn't going to be made right this second, so I told her to get some sleep and we could talk about it more in the morning if she wanted. I sat with her until she fell asleep which wasn't much long after.

I left Meghan's room and got ready for bed. I decided to call Jamie because I just left him without any word.

"Hey, how is she?" Jamie answered in a hush tone.

"She's asleep. Just a little confused at the moment...how's Tyler?" I asked nervous to what he was gonna say.

"He's a mess. He was throwing shit, yelling then crying, then yelling again. He's not too happy with me so Jordie drove me home so he didn't try to kill me." He said with a little laugh.

"I'm sorry I just left and didn't say anything. I just..." I started to say but was cut off by Jamie.

"Kelli, Meghan ran away. She needed you, I totally understand. No worries."

We talked on the phone for a while about the whole situation and I told him that Meghan probably won't be at the game on Monday and we both knew that would crush Tyler but unless Meghan makes up her mind about what her and Tyler were going to be, I didn't see her coming to any games or hanging out with the guys any time soon.

"It's getting late, get some rest and I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night, Kel."

"You're right, goodnight, Jamie." I hung up the phone and sat there for a bit thinking of the events before the blow up. Jamie was everything that I ever wanted and I was genuinely happy right now, but then I can't help but think about my best friend and how unhappy she is right now. I have to do something to help her cheer her up...