Have You Talked to Her?

It's been a few weeks since the whole Meghan and Tyler incident and to say it hasn't taken a toll on either of them would be an understatement. Tyler hasn't been playing well at all and coach was getting mad and so were the fans. He hasn't had a point since the blow up and keep's having costly turn overs and giving up goals. He was a scratch for two games because coach thought he would give Tyler some time to figure out what was going on and hopefully help him get his game back but we all know that wasn't going to help him. In fact, it just made things worse.

Jamie and I have been hanging out almost every day and things couldn't be more perfect between us. He took me to nice dinners, showed me around Dallas and took me to hidden places that you would never have known were there. I stayed over his place a couple of times and even though I felt guilty leaving Meghan alone, she would insist that she was okay and that I shouldn't worry about her. Meghan has been just as upset as Tyler, she barley leaves her room unless it's for work or to get food. She would watch the Stars games on tv but hasn't been to a game since everything started. She felt terrible that Tyler wasn't playing well and one game that we were watching together, he had a turnover that cost them the game and I saw her pick her phone up, go to his contact and start to type up a message, but only to delete it and never send anything to him. I hate seeing them both like this and I know Jamie feels the same. We have to come up with an idea on how to get them to talk again.

******************************

Jamie's POV

Kelli had to work late since the Mavericks had a game tonight so we weren't going to be able to go to dinner like usual so I just decided to have a night in by myself since Jordie was going to the Mavs game with Spezza and Klingberg. I heard the doorbell ring and thought it was the pizza guy so I grabbed my money and went to the door. When I opened it, Tyler was standing there with a box of pizza in his hands.

"The pizza guy got here at the same time as me so I paid for it for you." Tyler said handing the pizza to me.

We haven't hung out in a while because he wasn't in the best place right now and I was hanging out with Kelli so much so I was taken back to see him here.

"You didn't have to do that. Come in and I'll grab some plates." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

Tyler sat down on the couch and he was acting like he's never been here before and was so cautious of everything he was doing.

"Dude, relax. You're acting like one wrong move and you'll set a bomb off." I said making us both laugh.

"I don't know, I just feel like an asshole for blaming you for everything that happened. I shouldn't have blamed you for the way things turned out and I guess I just needed someone to blame and unfortunately it was you." He started saying and I just sat there and let him talk because it seemed like he needed it. "It isn't a secret that this has really had an effect on me and not talking to her everyday like I'm use to is killing me. Coach said he's going to play me Friday and if I don't get my game back then he's going to scratch me again and I hate being scratched, it literally doesn't make things any better. I don't know what to do about this whole thing! I'm not use to this and I am starting to think that it might have been better if I just never said anything to her and just hide my feelings for her still. At least she would still be talking to me."

I took in everything he said and I hated to see him like this and I know this is how Kelli felt about Meghan too. We would talk about ways to try and get them to talk to each other again but we could never come up with a good enough plan. I knew at this moment all I could do was just reassure him that everything will work out.

"I get that it's hard but you can't just shut down and let it affect your game. I know that's easier said than done but I know that everything will work out. You can't just give up." I tried to see if anything I was saying was helping but I wasn't sure so I kept going. "I know that it would have been easier to not say anything in the first place, but even though it resulted into this, that isn't something you should hide from her because it's not healthy to keep things bottled up. Have you tried talking to her recently?"

"No, I thought that if I gave her some space, she would make her decision faster and then two days turned into four then four turned into a week and then two weeks and I just can't take this anymore. I miss her. Have you seen her? Have you talked to her?"

I could see a tear threatening to fall and I couldn't tell him that I have gone to Kelli and Meghan's apartment and would speak to Meghan numerous times about the whole Tyler thing because she still doesn't know what she wants to do.

"I've only seen glimpses of her when I pick Kelli up but we haven't really spoke. Just give her a little bit more time, I'll ask Kelli to talk to her too and hopefully she'll be able to talk to her about possibly coming to the game Friday. If she was at the game, do you think you would play better or worse?"

"If I saw her at the game, I would feel a lot better." Was all he said.

I am just praying that Kelli will be able to talk her into going, if not, it was going to be a bad night for Tyler...

*****************************

Kelli's POV

The Mavericks had a game tonight so me and Meghan had to work late. We both drove together since we both had to be there around the same time to get things ready for the game. We were able to get lunch together but then I didn't see her until the end of the game when we met up to finally go home.

Jamie told me how Tyler went over to his house and I promised him I would try to talk to Meghan into going to the game Friday but I couldn't promise anything. I haven't talked to her about Tyler recently because I knew that's all that she could think of and I knew it upset her, so I would try to distract her to make her happy. It was inevitable that I would have to bring it up and see what she was thinking so I came up with a plan to just have a lazy day tomorrow since we have off and have nothing to do and won't go to bed until like 2am.

We talked about our nights while we drove home, Meghan telling me stories about some of the craziest thing's fans would ask or do that night that she had to handle and I told her what some of the guys were saying about the other players and also some of the attractive guys that I saw in the stands.

"Wait! Was he wearing a Nowitzki jersey?" Meghan said.

"YES!" I answered slightly screaming.

"I saw him too! He was so hot!" She said screaming as well.

We both laughed and continued to tell each other about the other guys we saw in the stands and Meghan told me about how she saw Jordie, Spezza and Klingberg and watched some of the game with them. She was thankful they didn't bring up Tyler and just enjoyed hanging out with them because she missed them.

It was quite for a bit so I decided this was a good opportunity to bring up my idea about tomorrow.

"So, I was thinking, would you want to have a lazy day tomorrow and just watch movies and order some take out and maybe day drink or something?" I asked her as we pulled into the parking garage of our apartment complex.

"I would love that. I need a fun day like that." She let out a little chuckle and we started heading up to our apartment.

We both were so tired so we decided to just head straight to bed and agreed that whoever was up first would go and wake the other up and we would get our fun day started. Now I just have to figure out when the best time is to ask her about Tyler.