Can I Say Something?

Meghan and Tyler walked over to the bar and started pouring out shots for everyone. I was very hesitant to take one, because I know how I get with Tequila, but I didn't want to not take it either. So, I took the shot from Tyler, as we all crowded around the bar.

"To Kelli finally moving down to Dallas so we don't have to deal with Meghan 24/7!" Tyler said earning a slap in the chest from Meghan but laughs from everyone else. "I'm kidding! But seriously, to friends, the new and the old."

We all took the shots, some smoother than others. Everyone went back to the game, and carried on where they left off. Meghan, Tyler, Jamie and I stayed at the bar a talked a bit and also took more shots, since me and Meghan had to play catch up.

An hour or so past and after a couple shots, me and Meghan started to feel it. Tyler and Jamie started talking about their upcoming game while me and Meghan listened and add little things here and there.

I mentally left the conversation and just started to think to myself. I looked around the room and just started to take it all in. I can't believe I am in Tyler Seguin's house drinking with the Star's...never would I have guessed this would happen. Just then I was brought back to my thoughts when I heard Meghan laughing and then a tap on my shoulder.

"Do you remember that time we went out to the bars at home and we met those guys and they asked us what our names were and where we were from and we told them our names were Tiffany and Tracy and we were from Toronto studying at the local college?" Meghan said laughing, barley getting the story out.

"Oh my god, yes! We were so stupid because we kept calling each other by our legit names! They had to of caught it!" We both started laughing uncontrollably more so because I think the alcohol was really getting to us.

"You two are so dumb." Tyler budded into the conversation.

"Yea, if you're going to tell a lie, you have to stick to your story!" Jamie said laughing at us.

"Hey, we were drunk! You're lucky we even knew where we were!" Meghan said defending us.

Just then, I saw Tyler lean over to Jamie and then Jamie give him a look. I wasn't sure what they said and then Tyler came around to where me and Meghan were sitting and went to Meghan. He whispered to her and then took her hand and lead her out of the room. I was too busy watching them leave wondering where Tyler was taking Meghan because there went my safe haven in this new setting, I didn't notice Jamie come up next to me.

"Do you want to go outside for a bit?" Jamie asked.

Now I see what Tyler was doing. I shook my head yes and he grabbed my hand and we started to head towards the back door. There wasn't anyone out back which was surprising because it was so nice out. Tyler has a little gazebo that was lit up like he had it planned...I was beginning to think he did.

We went in and sat down and it was actually really cute, it was lined with lights and you could see the whole yard form where we were sitting. Jamie sat down across from me which at first, I was a little sad because I wanted to be close to him.

"Are you having fun?" Jamie asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes! I love all the guys, they're even funnier than I expected!"

"Yea, they're something alright. We usually try to have little parties like this to keep us like lose and get rid of all the stress, ya know?"

"Yea, I bet it's nice to just relax a bit with friends and forget about things."

"Definitely...are you happy you made the move?"

"Oh my god, yea! I missed Meghan and after everything that happened back home, it's nice to start over. I wasn't in a good place up in Philly, but honestly, I think I am in a way better place now than I ever was back there."

"That's good, I'm glad." Jamie said and I could tell that he really wanted to say something but didn't know how he wanted to say it. "Kelli...can I say something?"

"Of course." I said, nervous for what he was going to say next.

"I know we practically just met and haven't known each other for long but I really like you and I know we're both kinda drunk right now and I promise I am going to tell you all of this again when we're both sober but...I've never had such a connection with someone the way I do with you and I just can't get you out of my mind. I know you just got out of a relationship and I am willing to wait for you because you are so beautiful and I don't want to go another day without you in my life."

"Jamie..."

"Let me finish... I just want you to know that I would never treat you the way other guys have in the past. You are worth so much more than they have ever treated you. You're smart, funny and you have such a good heart that I want you to always be in my life. I want you at all of my games cheering me and the boys on and just knowing that you're there will make me so happy and want to play my best. I know I'm just rambling on at this point but, I just wanted you to know how I felt and if you don't feel the same way, I understand."

I couldn't believe what was happening. I sat there trying to process everything he was saying to me. I looked up at him and I could see how genuine he was and I don't know what came over me, everything happened so fast. I could feel the alcohol take over and I just grabbed his face and just kissed him.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer and for once I felt complete happiness and I didn't want it to end. Needing air, I pulled away and we just leaned our foreheads on each other and neither of us said anything until Jamie spoke up.

"I wanted to do that since the first time I met you."