Table for Two

It was seven thirty and I was putting on the finishing touches of my make up. Once I was happy with the result, I walked over to my bed where Meghan laid out the dress she picked out and started to put it on along with the shoes. I couldn't believe that I was getting ready to go out on a date with Jamie Benn. Like, what? Never in my life did I actually think I would be going out to a nice restaurant with Jamie Benn. Was I even ready to start dating again?

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself as best as I could. I walked out of my room towards the living room where Meghan was just sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Well, do I look okay?" I asked looking at her. She didn't say anything as she examined my outfit, and then after a while, she smiled.

"You look amazing! I can't wait until he sees you!"

"Stop, I'm freaking out enough as it is! What if tonight he realizes this was a mistake. What if I'm not good enough for him?" I started to make myself upset and Meghan was not having any of it.

"You need to stop that right now! He isn't going to change his mind about you. He's going to walk in that door and be amazed when he sees you in that dress! He's won't be able to keep his eyes off you!"

Her words were calming and I was able to relax a bit more. Just then, there was a knock on the door. We both looked at each other. I was frozen and couldn't move, I was so nervous. It wasn't until Meghan hit my arm knocking me out of my trance and pushed me towards the door to answer it.

I walked over to the door and opened it. Jamie looked up from the ground and our eyes met for a second before he smiled and took a step back and looked me up and down.

"Kelli, you look...wow, you look beautiful." I couldn't help but smile and look down. I could feel the blush starting to form on my cheeks at his reaction. "These are for you." He said as he handed me a bouquet of red roses.

"Awe, you're too sweet. Thank you. Come in while I put them in some water!" I said motioning him to come into the apartment.

I shut the door behind him and walked into the kitchen to find a vase or something to put the flowers in. I was searching the cabinets and couldn't find one anywhere.

"Hey Meg, do you have a vase anywhere?"

"Umm, yea. Check the cabinet under the sink."

I looked under the sink and sure enough there it was. I filled it with water and put the flower food in the water, then put the roses in and set it on the dining room table.

"Perfect! So, are you ready to go?" I said looking towards Jamie who was standing behind the couch where Meghan was watching Prison Break.

"I'm ready when you are." He smiled and we started to walk towards the door.

"Hey Chubbs! Make sure you have her home by 11 and no funny business!" Meghan yelled from her spot on the couch. Jamie shot her a look.

"You're hilarious. Why don't you go hangout with your boyfriend, Meghan?" Jamie said as we walked out of the apartment.

"I don't know who you're talking about because I don't have one, Benn!" Meghan yelled back as he shut the door.

We walked out to his car and he opened the door for me and helped me in. He started driving and we just talked about anything that came to mind. We drove for a while until we pulled up to the restaurant. It looked so cute and welcoming on the outside and I couldn't wait to see the inside. I looked up at the name of the restaurant, Hibiscus. I've never heard of it before but I remember Meghan saying that she wanted to go here when she was on the phone with Jamie earlier when she asked him where he was taking me.