Chapter 7: Great

Can we, we keep, keep each other company
Maybe we, can be, be each other's company
Oh company

It's been a week since Malia and Nate have spoken. Neither one of them have decided to swallow their pride and call each other but for different reasons.

Malia feels like she's completely let him down and believes he wants nothing to do with her. While Nate feels as if she doesn't want to speak to him and if she was truly sorry she'd try harder to get his forgiveness.

Swazz and Sam both still haven't told Nate the truth and have no idea what's holding them back. They see how it's affecting both Nate and Malia.

"Why won't you just talk to him?" Swazz asked Malia, both of them sitting at the booth for lunch.

"He doesn't wanna talk to me." Malia looked down at her plate sadly.

Swazz shook his head, "That's bullshit, he wants you to come to him first. You know how stubborn he is."

Malia shrugged, "I don't know."

Meanwhile, Sam sat in the living room with Nate as they played GTA. The room was silent except for a few jokes now and then about how bad their driving was.

"Yo Nate, can I ask you something?" Sam asked, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"What's up?"

"Why won't you talk to Malia? Don't you miss your little partner in crime?" Sam asked, taking a hesitant glance at Nate.

Nate licked his lips and paused the game, taking a deep sigh, "She hasn't tried to talk to me either so why should I tr-"

"Because maybe she's waiting for you to say something?" Sam interrupted him.

Nate sucked his teeth, "Man, I don't know."

"The both of you need to break whatever grudge you have against each other and talk. You guys never go this long without talking."

Nate didn't say anything because he knew Sam was right. Any fight they had only lasted a few hours before one of them would call each other and apologize.

Someone had to make the first move....

* * * *

Malia's POV

"Thanks for lunch Swazz." I released John from the hug, rubbing my hands down the side of my thighs.

"It's no problem. I know you and Nate are kinda rocky right now but that don't mean we have to be." He smiled softly.

I nodded, "Of course."

"I'll talk to you later." He began to walk backwards, "Remember what we talked about." He pointed at me.

"I know, I know." I nodded, turning around and walking into my house, locking the door behind me.

I walked into the living room, plopping down on the couch and running my hand through my hair. I leaned my head against a pillow and closed my eyes.

John was right, this is the stupidest fight Nate and I have ever gotten into. I wanted to call him and apologize again but I knew he wouldn't wanna talk to me. If the tables were turned I would understand.

The concert was a big moment for him and I missed half of it. Travis just had to fucking ruin everything for me.

Speaking of Travis, I haven't heard anything from him lately. Fortunately.

My phone began to ring in my pocket causing me to groan and open my eyes. I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket, looking at the caller I.D.

Furrowing my eyebrows and sitting up straight, I quickly answered the call.