Chapter 9: Future

Pour up, let's toast

To what we love the most

This life, is exactly what I dreamed

So I had to go and get it with my team

* * * *

A Few Months Later

Months have past and things have definitely changed. Things were looking great for Malia. She wasn't moping around about Travis anymore, in fact he's been the last thing from her mind.

Malia's work was going great, she was bumped up to assistant manager which doubles her salary.

Not only that but she's been spending more time with Nate, going to his studio sessions, watching his local shows, being behind the scenes of his music videos and just being by his side.

Nate enjoyed every minute of it, it's been awhile since they've hung out like they have. That was of course Travis' fault, but since he was no longer in the way they didn't have to worry about him.

Things were going amazing for Nate. He had turned 21 about a week ago and was able to spend it surrounded by people who he loved and who loved him. He also had dropped an album, Skaterade, and now he had big news to tell Malia.

As much as Nate wanted to tell Malia, he knew it was going to be bittersweet.

* * * *

Nate's POV

"You ready for all this?" Derek asked, biting into a hot wing, sauce all around his mouth.

I chuckled, throwing a napkin at him, "Yeah I will be."

"Will be?" Derek asked, wiping his mouth.

I nodded, "I still gotta tell someone first."

Derek raised his eyebrows, "Oh word? Who? Ya family?" He asked, grabbing his red Fanta.

"Something like that." My phone began to ring in my hand, "Yo I'll be right back." I smiled as I answered the phone.

"What's up lil' mama?" I answered, closing the studio door behind me.

She chuckled softly, "Hey Nate. Am I interrupting anything?" She asked sweetly.

"Of course not."

"Good, did you eat yet?" She inquired.

I looked down at my watch to see it was 6:45pm, "Nah I haven't, why? You gonna cook for me?" I joked, chuckling softly.

"Actually yes. I planned on making steak and the pack came with like three so.." she trailed off, "Would you like to eat dinner with your favorite person in the whole wide world?"

I laughed, "I'd love to but I don't know where they at right now, so I guess I'll settle for you." I joked.

She sucked her teeth at me, "Wow," She dragged out playfully, "you just did me so dirty. I'ma make sure your steak raw. Bye!" She exclaimed before hanging up on me.

Shaking my head laughing, locking my phone in the process. I sighed loudly, running my hand over my face. I knew tonight was gonna be the night I break the news to her, I just hope things don't go left.

* * * *

Malia's POV

It was now about 7:30pm and dinner was officially finished and now I was just waiting for Nate to arrive. I had made steak, baked potatoes and cheesy broccoli, my favorite. I wanted to look nice yet comfortable so I threw on an all black sundress that was pulled up on the side and kept up with a knot. I didn't feel the need to wear a full face of makeup so I only moisturized and put on chap-stick.