Chapter 27: All good

The Next Day

Malia

"So everything is good between you guys now?" Janelle asked, popping a red starburst into her mouth.

I shrugged, "We're on speaking terms now. But he's gonna have to gain my trust back in order for me to allow myself to fall for him."

She nodded, "Yeah, that's true. I'm so happy you're standing up for yourself and not letting him walk all over you like that devil." She referred to Travis. Janelle refuses to say his name because it may bring 'bad energy'.

"I can't go through that again. That was the most draining relationship I've ever been in." I shook my head, rolling my eyes at how foolish I was.

"I was drained just hearing about it." She chuckled.

I laughed, pushing her shoulder playfully, "I know I annoyed everybody. Especially Nate."

"But he was always there." She pointed out, pointing her finger at me while raising her eyebrows.

I nodded, smiling a little, "Yeah, he was."

She aw'd, "You guys are adorable, even if he did do something completely stupid. I still ship you guys, I can tell he truly cares about you."

"I know he does. But," I paused, "can he handle a relationship? He hasn't been in one in years. Is he even capable of being in a relationship?" I questioned, not really looking for her to answer.

Janelle nodded, "That's just something you have to find out. Or ask him."

I shook my head, "He can swear up and down he's ready for a relationship with me but will his actions match?"

"True," she nodded, "I don't know how to answer that, Ma."

I sighed, "I know, I wasn't asking you I was just asking in general." I leaned my head in the palm of my hand, turning my head to look over at Janelle, "I'm just not trying to get hurt again, y'know? That shit was so emotionally painful. I cannot and will not go through that again."

"And I won't let you go through that. I will kick his ass before I let him hurt you again." She stated seriously.

I smiled, "Thanks 'nelle."

"You're my girl, probably my best friend, I won't let that shit slide. I didn't do much last time with that devil, but I will help this time." She held up her pinky, "I promise you that."

I smiled wider, wrapping my pinky around hers before throwing my arm around her shoulder and pulling her into me for a hug.

I don't know how I was so blessed with amazing friends but I am so grateful.

* * * *

A few hours later

I closed the door to my car, pressing the lock button on my keys before walking towards the entrance of the restaurant. I grabbed the belt loops to my all black ripped, knee-high shorts and pulled them up better.

The bell above the door dinged at I walked inside. I pulled my black and silver aviator sunglasses off my eyes and hung them on my loose and slightly baggy white v-neck.

"Table for 1?" The perky blonde asked with a welcoming smile on her face.

I smiled, "I'm actually here for someone."

She nodded, "Oh okay, feel free to look for your guest."

I thanked her before walking towards the dining area. With squinted eyes, I looked around the pretty nature themed restaurant. There were plant vines all up and around the white walls and pots of plants in every corner.