Chapter 16: Hypocrite

Can we just stop
Focus on what we feel
Forget about time
Cause it ain't real, no it ain't real
We only got this moment

* * * *

"It's nice to meet you too, G-Eazy. I-I'm a big fan." My voice quavered.

He chuckled, "Call me Gerald, or G."

I smiled and nodded, looking back over to see Janelle waving me over from the bar. I sighed, "As much as I'd love to talk, I gotta keep working."

G nodded, "Of course, of course. Go make 'ya money." He winked at me, sipping his whiskey from a clear glass.

I began to walk backwards towards the stairs, "If you need anything else, I'll be by the bar." I pointed behind me with my thumb.

He nodded, raising his cup slightly, "Thank you."

I smiled and nodded before turning around and jogging down the stairs. I nodded at Julian as a thank you once he let me pass the ropes again.

I ran up to Janelle, "Fucking G-Eazy!" I exclaimed, slapping her arm in excitement.

She held her arm, "I knew you'd freak. He's so hot." She looked up at him in his area, "just look at him."

I nodded, "He's so fine

I nodded, "He's so fine." I hummed, "Too bad he's hella famous."

Janelle whipped her head towards me, "What you mean too bad?"

I laughed, walking behind the bar, "I would never date a big celebrity." I threw a towel over my shoulder, "Do you know all the bullshit the females go through? I couldn't deal with all that. The rumors, the death threats, the groupies," I listed, "nah I'll pass."

Janelle nodded, "You're right, that's a lot of shit. But you cannot tell me that if G-fucking-eazy wanted to fuck you, you'd decline it." She rose her eyebrow.

I tilted my head to the side, "I never said I would." I muttered.

Janelle squealed, "Bitch." She dragged out, following it with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Go away." I chuckled.

Janelle sent me a wink before walking away to get orders. I grabbed a rag and began to clean off the counter, nodding my head to the music playing.

"Can I get a shot and your number, mama?"

I lifted my head up towards the voice, "Quincy." I laughed, dropping the rag and walking around the counter over to him.

"Hey beautiful." He hugged me tightly, slightly lifting me off my feet.

"How are you?" I asked, sliding my hands from around his neck, down his arms.

Quincy nodded, "I'm doing good, how about you? Anybody giving you a hard time 'round here?" He asked, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Nah, they know not to mess with me." I joked, winking at him before walking back around the bar counter.